Claud Butler Shaman Silver DofE project finished pg11

Re: Father & Daughter Claud Butler Shaman Silver DofE project

Great work - spoking up a wheel and getting the pattern right along with the corresponding spokes over or under their neighbour is quite therapeutic I find - and strangely rewarding

Glad to see you’ve treated Ms P to some new Jeans - or am I to assume the ripped to hell ones are reserved for going out and the new ones strictly for chores and workwear - That seems to be the order of things in this house with Ms Potato -

Retro Spud":wo90yru4 said:
Great work - spoking up a wheel and getting the pattern right along with the corresponding spokes over or under their neighbour is quite therapeutic I find - and strangely rewarding

Glad to see you’ve treated Ms P to some new Jeans - or am I to assume the ripped to hell ones are reserved for going out and the new ones strictly for chores and workwear - That seems to be the order of things in this house with Ms Potato -

Lol! When we bought this pair I asked “not going for ripped ones?” she replied “no, my knees are too cold” :facepalm:

Re:

Great work, although I'm a tad worried about the dog laying on the chair, doesn't look very well to me! :LOL:

Re: Re:

Graham_hkr":b15w62oj said:
Great work, although I'm a tad worried about the dog laying on the chair, doesn't look very well to me! :LOL:

That’s THM’s road kill Fox photo bombing from other side of the room, by all accounts that’s the most comfiest seat in the house

Hello all, It’s been a few months since we last visited this thread, as we moved home back in April, work, house restoration, family stuff etc has all got in the way of mucking about with bikes… but we can see the light at the end of the tunnel, so hopefully near normal service will resume.
The main stumbling block has been my new workshop being full from top to bottom with stuff for rooms unfinished blocking access to kit & parts! :roll:

Anyway, back to the DofE build… I won’t make an apology for the number of photos to be added, rather explain that we (myself and Scarlett) will be using this thread as supporting evidence of her build.

First job was to get the wheels finished; Scarlett had asked for a set of tyres more suited to road & gravel path rather than outright mud bashing, and had already poo pooed the catalogue correct Farmer Johns Nephews that I had sourced for her as NOS ‘Nasty Old Sh*te’ (her words).
Now I had a pair of good condition Panaracer MACH SS 1:95 that I had removed from a Cape Wrath and decided to give them a wash, then a bake early this morning viewtopic.php?f=1&t=392821&p=2970400&sid=afe45377b1056cec9fa01a089418b4d3#p2970400
Before a final finish off with some 303 Aerospace protectant.

So, this afternoon we set to first fitting the tyres and tubes.

Then fitting the wheel to the front forks.

Installation of the 7 speed Shimano Hyperdrive freewheel (not sure what Deore group, how can you tell?)

Fitting the rear was a little tricky as the combination of powder coat and a slightly knocked rear hanger had made the offside dropout a bit of tight fit, so no photo as it ended up needing 4 hands! :D

Attachments

• C90A451A-81BC-45DE-A7D8-1084236B15F0.jpeg
    C90A451A-81BC-45DE-A7D8-1084236B15F0.jpeg
    98.2 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_2253.JPG
    IMG_2253.JPG
    208.4 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_2266.JPG
    IMG_2266.JPG
    244.5 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_2272.JPG
    IMG_2272.JPG
    230.5 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_2257.JPG
    IMG_2257.JPG
    189.7 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_2262.JPG
    IMG_2262.JPG
    182.4 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_2263.JPG
    IMG_2263.JPG
    171.1 KB · Views: 313
  • 38740790-968C-4A56-AFA1-76A8FA990D0A.jpeg
    38740790-968C-4A56-AFA1-76A8FA990D0A.jpeg
    95.2 KB · Views: 283

I am pleased to see that you have diverted a little of you apparently limitless bicycle building and buying budget towards a number of more appropriate trouser type garments for your somewhat disheveled daughter. The earlier tattered denim outfit put you to shame. I remember similar attire being popular with the locals some years ago along with safety pins and gaily coloured hair.

Glad to see she didn’t succumb to the pull of the emu or guff subcultures. Always a difficult age.

The History Man":3suplmpt said:
The earlier tattered denim outfit put you to shame.

Glad to see she didn’t succumb to the pull of the emu or guff subcultures. Always a difficult age.

Complete trousers are very much a bonus I agree, as for disappearing into the teenage abyss of pop culture, I don’t want to count my chickens….. :|

Blimey THM if we grew up as mini incantations of our parents and accepted everything around us without challenge - we’d all still be living in caves and clubbing each other over the head with an ass bones of an OX

Nice to see this project coming together - won’t be long and we’ll see it finished :LOL:

Re:

Really coming on nicely, nice to see the young lady putting some practical work into her project, way too often in engineering we see girls with all the gear but no idea :facepalm:
G

Back