Cielo by Chris King 29er, steel is real

Been moving parts around and then riding the Cielo again the last weeks, love the ride.

IMG_20150215_164440s.jpg

Enjoy!!

Re:

The Cielo is the only modern frame I'd seriously consider buying if I was in modern buying market. Having seen these up close and held them, they are proper, proper nice. Clean looking, no silly bends, just a great looking frame. Colour wise, I'd take the light blue metallic with white graphics:

cielo_mountainbike_full.jpg

2014_classic_colors_2.jpg

New forks for the Cielo, steel is real

The blue with white script I guess that is the same colours as mine but inverted? Very nice indeed.

Meanwhile I have taken the plunge and fitted new forks to the Cielo. Chris King showed a segmented rigid steel fork on the website announcing that it would go into production. I enquired about it but it never happened in the end. Meanwhile Czech custom builders SingleBe were showing some nice modern steel custom frames and forks. A few Dutch forum regulars went with this builder, and Richard of ErVeHa bikes is their best advocate and agent.

So thanks to Richard here it is, looking sharp with slender legs compared to the Ritchey carbon. The SingleBe is some 10mm longer but the rake is increased by 6mm as well, I'll post a ride report later. And it is thouroughly modern too with a tapered steerer and 15mm Through Axle. The latter meaning I needed to fit my other wheelset also, the classic Royce hubs do not convert. Now to work out whether to paint to match the forks and revert to skinwall tyres or not ... choices choices.

Enjoy!!

IMG_51651.JPG

IMG_51722.JPG

IMG_51701.JPG

IMG_51672.JPG

IMG_51771.JPG

Never heard the King history of Camino Cielo. Rode and hiked there many times when I lived in Santa Barbara. La Cumbre being my favorite peak. Beautiful bike. Piece of art.

Back