Cheap Mike Kowal

I always liked the term 'racer'. Back when the world had track bikes, shopper bikes, and touring bikes the 4th dimension was a racer and made complete sense to most kids under the age of 12, who had just a passing interest in bicycles.
It made your heavy 27" wheeled Raleigh Ace way more exciting!. If you didn't join a club, or know anyone who rode seriously, the terms "road bike", or "time trial bike", would not be common.

I always liked the term 'racer'. Back when the world had track bikes, shopper bikes, and touring bikes the 4th dimension was a racer and made complete sense to most kids under the age of 12, who had just a passing interest in bicycles.
It made your heavy 27" wheeled Raleigh Ace way more exciting!. If you didn't join a club, or know anyone who rode seriously, the terms "road bike", or "time trial bike", would not be common.

Yeah they were always called a racer when i was a wee lad in the mid-late 80's. And a packet of pickled onion Monster Munch cost 10 pence back then.

And what happened to coconut Boost? Marvelous.

9ZJi59pbchocolate-extinct-discontinued-cadbury-coconut-boost.jpg

Do you reckon this is the same bike

Yeah that's the same bike. Looks like it was snapped up by some trendy London bike outfitter https://www.instagram.com/juice.bikes/?hl=en, refitted with different tires, stem, saddle and cables (which they admit). They'll make a £400+ profit.

Back