Cheap Mike Kowal

cce

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View

1684345883337.png

i've got a kowal 653 frame built for ribble and it's a belter.

Bargain indeed. But isn't that a Columbus Genius sticker? Where does he say its 653?

A genius frame+fork in good condition alone could fetch £200 on LFGSS/bikeradar. Wheels & tyres £45, groupset £65, other parts: £50. In total this bike is worth about £350-£370.

With that nicely maintained garden and impeccable lawn, he must have some cash to spare.

Last edited:
A friend of mine enquired about it earlier in the week and got told 9 people were in the Q for it , but still advertised

I’m starting to notice racers like this are getting damn cheap in the uk
Point of order, Sir.
That is not a racer. It is a road bike.
Any bike you care to name can be raced - road bike, mountain bike, hybrid, tandem, trike, unicycle, electric bike and many more.
Just as any car can be raced if so desired having four wheels doesn't make them Formula 1 quality.
The term racer is a lazy one invented by non cyclists who see drop handlebars and think that the bike must be a racing bike.

Point of order, Sir.
That is not a racer. It is a road bike.
Any bike you care to name can be raced - road bike, mountain bike, hybrid, tandem, trike, unicycle, electric bike and many more.
Just as any car can be raced if so desired having four wheels doesn't make them Formula 1 quality.
The term racer is a lazy one invented by non cyclists who see drop handlebars and think that the bike must be a racing bike.
Fair point, road bike then🙂

I think the brief era of older road bikes being super fashionable is at an end and that's pushed prices down. This is still bloody cheap tho

Back