Chas Roberts ‘Dogs Bolx’

retrobate

Overbury's Fan
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Spoke to the seller, seatpost isn't stuck and he will box it up for collection.
I'm very tempted to make an offer, I think the asking price is a bit overly ambitious, especially with the damage to the TT, although it is only a tiny dink to be fair.

I may be remembering a different bike - was this the one for sale by a flipper a year or two ago? At the time I’m sure it had a ding in the top tube and a pair of painted to match Rock Shox. Can’t find the thread to compare but remember it got locked!

I may be remembering a different bike - was this the one for sale by a flipper a year or two ago? At the time I’m sure it had a ding in the top tube and a pair of painted to match Rock Shox. Can’t find the thread to compare but remember it got locked!
Indeed, but didn't that one also have a stuck seatpost? I was very close to buying it at the time, he dropped the stuck post bombshell after my opening offer, no mention of it in the ad.

It's definitely the one that was flipped. IIRC that seller wanted a ridiculous amount for the bike though, something like 3K (or more) with another 500 quid on top for the painted Rock Shox. I can only assume that that seller may have sorted the seat post and diluted the build a bit to reduce that asking price?

I can't see much value in this beyond the frameset though to be honest, having the forkplay is the major bonus. I would also want to take a good look at the rusty bits before taking the plunge. There's a pretty dark patch lurking behind that chainset...

Back