Chainrings for Dura Ace 7410

surfguy13

Dirt Disciple
I need a little advice re chainrings for my 7410 crankset.

I was hoping to try and find new, compatible, chainrings for the crankset as all the used 7410 chainrings don't really look as if they have much more life in them than mine! I have no idea whether it's possible to source compatible chainrings and any advice would be most welcome. Clearly finding new 7410 chainrings would be near impossible!

The bike is a Menet which was built by Martelly in Belgium in the mid 90s for the Menet race team. It still has 95% of the original 7410 groupset on the bike.

I'll include a photo of the crankset which has 172.5 cranks and the rings are B-53 and B-39.

Thanks

guy

Attachments

• P_20211023_173334_vHDR_On.jpg
    P_20211023_173334_vHDR_On.jpg
    580.4 KB · Views: 6
TA do 130mm bcd replacement rings resonably priced....

Many thanks for that @vcballbat, really appreciate it. I've had a look on the Chain Reaction link (many thanks for that!) but don't seem to be able to find any 8-speed, just 9/10/11. Not sure if I've just missed it but have been through the 3 pages twice now and can't find an 8-speed.

As you say, prices are pretty good which is great! :)

7/8 speed chains will still run on 9/10/11 chainrings without slipping under load, it's just that there's some slight lateral movement meaning the chain rubs a bit more on the front mech when crossed big-big or small-small ring/cog combinations

7/8 speed chains will still run on 9/10/11 chainrings without slipping under load, it's just that there's some slight lateral movement meaning the chain rubs a bit more on the front mech when crossed big-big or small-small ring/cog combinations
Brilliant, thanks so much for confirming that. Makes perfect sense. Great to know I can get new chainrings!

Back