Carrera Quattro Comp GT 18''

I'll get some up on a new thread for tomorrow! Not sure what to do with it... I guess it should be left as god intended...

Re:

Absolutely lovely.
This must be one of the very first batch. Interesting to see a lugged frame. Do you remember how long it was before the lugs disappeared and the u-brake went?

Nah...sms don't like the u brake they just clog up! . The stem mounted knacker splitting bottle mount never caught in either! ... These where amazing speed in the day for the price..in not sure whether to add suspension or leave it as it should be?

Hi - I have one of these but someone has put rubbish Altus rear brakes on them. What were the original rears? Be grateful for the reply thanks

Mine was a comp gt (is it any different?) as I think that they had cantilevers on back - there’s a YouTube video on which is the same model as mine I think.

Paulstevo":dmc1ipa9 said:
Mine was a comp gt (is it any different?) as I think that they had cantilevers on back - there’s a YouTube video on which is the same model as mine I think.

XT cantis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_i8q24O6mw

Well my fronts are BR-M732 so i have assumed the rears will be the same. Have put a post on the wanted section as the ones on ebay are all silver, and i need black. Many thanks for your help.

Should anyone stumble upon this post, then I'm looking for a pair of NOS or VGC Shimano BR-M732 (XT) rear brake canti's in black

Back