ibbz

Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Karma King
Dyna-Tech Fan
Feedback
View
Hi

I was wondering whether anyone has a Carlton Professional frame fork set from the 70ies in a Small size? Up to 22"?
Carlton Giro D Italia same size
Raleigj Professional or Competition (USA Raleigh badged Worksop Carltons)
Or Ti Raleigh 531 or 753 frame forks from 70ies up to 1981/82?
Wrap around stays or the same cluster as earlier Carlton Professional ? Again in a small size.

Or a USA type Raleigh professional or International from 1972

Thanks

Re:

i have a 1949 carlton frame fork and other parts available in your size - pm me if you are interested

Re: Carlton Professional or Ti Raleigh

None of the frames you want will have wraparound seat stays, earlier Carlton's of 70' s vintage will have shot in stays and the later Carlton Pro's in Silver Team Lustre will have oversize sat stay caps like Raleigh.

The best bang per buck frame is the Carlton Team Pro of late 70's in Silver, cut out BB, oversize seat stay caps and portacatena dropouts. Real nice geometry :)

Shaun

Re: Carlton Professional or Ti Raleigh

Midlife":39h3vo3v said:
None of the frames you want will have wraparound seat stays, earlier Carlton's of 70' s vintage will have shot in stays and the later Carlton Pro's in Silver Team Lustre will have oversize sat stay caps like Raleigh.

The best bang per buck frame is the Carlton Team Pro of late 70's in Silver, cut out BB, oversize seat stay caps and portacatena dropouts. Real nice geometry :)

Shaun

Thanks for the info Shaun, I am probably ignorant and confused as to models. The models I had in mind are the following:

Carlton professional/Equipe: With the two different stays. With 'Victor' seat stays from Carlton catalogue 1968/69.

- I assumed the larger picture and catalogue pic ( 69/70 style has wrap around - or more or less similar to the stays on my Carlton Criterium

I also think the one you mentioned is stunning:
http://veterancycleclublibrary.org.uk/n ... ary%29.pdf

Beautiful silver carlton Weinmann team bike -

I'd also like and consider the Contre la Montre, or Giro d'Italia

I guess the Ti Raleigh bikes I've shown here are more or less the same as similar period carlton pro's? Correct me if I'm wrong - they look very similar.
I wouldn't want anything Raleigh Ti Team later than 1982 model, and would much rather have a Carlton than a Raleigh in this case.

repair7.gif

CarltonRideaugust6_zps79b594ee.jpg

Carlton.jpg

kermesse_equipe.jpg

CarProAF_Rebuild_FullSide.jpg

Carlton-Pro-NOS-1972.jpg

Ti Raleigh models

02teampro-74.jpg

03-teampro-75.jpg

4_team-replica.jpg

Raleigh Professional Mk IV 1972

s-l160rp0.jpg

Re: Re:

hurin76":54wt0rze said:
i have a 1949 carlton frame fork and other parts available in your size - pm me if you are interested

Thanks for the offer, normally I wanted to go for a later 60ies 70ies carlton (one main reason being that components are easier to source and I had in mind Suntour or Shimano)
But do you have any photos?

Re: Re:

ibbz":3jx65kfi said:
Thanks for the offer, normally I wanted to go for a later 60ies 70ies carlton (one main reason being that components are easier to source and I had in mind Suntour or Shimano)
But do you have any photos?

have pmed pics, definitely older style but guess you could update it if you want more modern parts, or rebuild it as it was..

Re: Carlton Professional Equipe or Ti Raleigh / professional

I was just about to post a wanted add almost exactly the same as yours even the same size. So if you get inundated with offers please let me know.

Thanks Steve

stevevw":2fb67ody said:
I was just about to post a wanted add almost exactly the same as yours even the same size. So if you get inundated with offers please let me know.

Thanks Steve

Will do Steve!

Carlton professional's are few and far between.

Hilary Stone has a 1981 Raleigh Competition in this size:

Raleigh-pale-blue-1981.jpg

RALEIGH COMPETITION ROAD FRAME 1981
Seat Tube (ctt): 21in (53cm)
Top Tube (ctc): 22in (56cm)
Rear dropout width: 124mm
Wheel size: 700C/ or sprints with brake drop of 52mm
Seatpost size: 27.2mm
Frame Tubing: Reynolds 531 double butted
This frame is a Raleigh Competition from 1981 – the Competition was one model down from the Team Replica. It has been repainted in a pale blue which is in OK condition. The frame itself is excellent. £125

Anyone know anything about this model?
Worksop or Notts?

Compared to a Team Raleigh Ti or Pro or the Carlton Pro?

BUMP!

Latest posts

Back