Carlton Identification Help!

Top tube should read:

P4141661_zpsozbetuy5.jpg

This is an original 1970s Imichrome decal.

The reproductions read CARTLON CONTINENTAL.

Here is a repro decal...

P3070931_zpswggmtpsj.jpg

My other Continental really needed news ones as the originals were very faded.

My other Continental is a small frame about 21.5", it still has 27" wheels...
P3070923_zps6vvspqqc.jpg

"My wheels appear to be original (or at least very old) however they are only 26" x 1 1/4. I can only assume this is because I have quite a small frame size? it measures 43cm from BB to seat post.
I want to replace the tyres as the rear tyre is quite heavily cracked and the front tyre doesn't look the part, however after numerous ebay and google searches I cannot find anything in the smaller wheel size. Any suggestions?"

there are a small cheapy selection on this site
<< http://stores.ebay.co.uk/bankruptbikepa ... %2F4+tyres >>

Griff

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Spokesmann":2x2vw648 said:
Unusual, would 27" fit at all?

I have just tried a 27" wheel and it doenst fit really.
It fits inside the forks, but the brake pads sit below the wheel rim, they don't touch the rim at all.
The brakes I have are Weinmann 730 which I believe originally came with this model of bike...

Like I said it is a very small frame. I am only 5ft tall and it fits me just fine, but would be tiny for any average sized folk.

Excel":p6qo4jij said:
"My wheels appear to be original (or at least very old) however they are only 26" x 1 1/4. I can only assume this is because I have quite a small frame size? it measures 43cm from BB to seat post.
I want to replace the tyres as the rear tyre is quite heavily cracked and the front tyre doesn't look the part, however after numerous ebay and google searches I cannot find anything in the smaller wheel size. Any suggestions?"

there are a small cheapy selection on this site
<< http://stores.ebay.co.uk/bankruptbikepa ... %2F4+tyres >>

Griff

Super!! Thanks very much

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back