Carbon steerer too small for crown race . . .

Just read two other reviews online, one saying it was too large a steerer and another saying it was not round. A lot of reviews saying the brake mounts do not line up though.

Have you thought of using a shim, like a Pace one?
Should have done my research, I guess!

A shim does sound like a good option. I'm not sure there would be a commercially produced one to bring something up from 29.2mm to 30mm but I think I could bodge something up.

I once turned a shim to take a 1" to a 1 1/8" and to change the axle to crown measurement a tad (fairly sure it was an orange fork I got cheap). that had a 0.5mm wall thickness at the crown (8mm under it). not fun to turn and but puckering on the final spring pass but was doable. :)

Just read two other reviews online, one saying it was too large a steerer and another saying it was not round. A lot of reviews saying the brake mounts do not line up though.

Have you thought of using a shim, like a Pace one?
Uh oh that does sound like atrocious QC, if the brake mounts are off enough to make it a problem for the calipers

If you decide to use it do consistently check it for any faults and go by gut feeling, any weird flexing or creaking don't ride

It has quite positive reviews on Big Ali but this one stood out

Screenshot_20230504_131226.jpg

I am not entirely sure but I think Toseek are just branded versions of another generic, unbranded carbon fork sold by various sellers, but I could be wrong. Plenty good ones out there it's just it seems the QC is particularly appalling on this.

There's a lot of legitimately good carbon frame and fork suppliers out there, from China, but they're typically also at a higher price point because they do consistent QC.

I know of many people who have ridden Toseek bars for an eternity with no real issues (care taken not to overtighten etc), some have had them snap like a twig (Trace Velo did)

The rule of thumb is the cheaper it is, the more corners are cut on QC. You'll have good batches and bad batches.

In the good old days these would be reported to trading standards type thing, the company would then recall them all offering refunds or a different working fork.
(not so much the dodgy sizes, but the snapping)

Tbf there are a lot more positive reviews than bad, though with reviews you never know for sure if they are real.

In the good old days these would be reported to trading standards type thing, the company would then recall them all offering refunds or a different working fork.
(not so much the dodgy sizes, but the snapping)
That still happens for companies based within the UK and compensation for losses and injury can be sought in Law. Sourced from overseas 🖕

Back