Car stereo advice needed...

Should add, I had a similar setup to the above in a mk2 MX5, and it will do you proud, but the installation is key tbh.

This is/ was my living so if you can get anywhere near East Angular

My JDM MR2 came with a full Carrozzeria (Pioneer) install so it was just an FM frequency expander plus Pioneer's iPod adaptor (the irony of playing your ipod with full menu control on a cassette deck!)

I still have a Pioneer DEH-P8500, KEH-8600 plus a few of the old EL display headunits with the dolphins etc, absolutely loved them

Because of Pioneer's very early adoption of the iPod, it gave life to their old cassette players and allowed me to jump straight from cassette to the iPod leaving piles of unloved CD multichangers everywhere.

I even have a couple of Pioneer KEX-73 systems (google them!) Sadly I sold a Kenwood KRC-929 and my Pioneer Centrate systems

Google vintage car stereos.

If you though old bicycles brought on the madness!

At last count I have around 150 old stereos down from 250 (I sold a lot of Ford stuff when that S1 RS Turbo hit 6 figures), much easier to store than bicycles.

Then theres vintage Blaupunkt... :shock:

:mrgreen:

Google (makes me look sane) :

images

images

Pioneer_Centrate_1985_15cm_black.JPG

zoe52w.jpg

IMG-20170821-WA0006_zpsr7oc5orh.jpg

Re:

That’s some very cool stuff!

I’m actually from Peterborough (East Anglia-ish!).

Now Herefordshire way unfortunately but in sunny-hunny weekend of the 5th July.

Where you based?

Re: Re:

WWC":2yssh7l3 said:
That’s some very cool stuff!

I’m actually from Peterborough (East Anglia-ish!).

Now Herefordshire way unfortunately but in sunny-hunny weekend of the 5th July.

Where you based?

Near Huntingdon just off the A1

bring biscuits....

I'll bow to LGF on older stuff, but I'd hope he'll agree with my advice anyways :)

FYI LGF, I've just picked up an Alpine MRV F400 and an MRV T500 for my polo :)

My_Teenage_Self":26pu36gk said:
I'll bow to LGF on older stuff, but I'd hope he'll agree with my advice anyways :)

FYI LGF, I've just picked up an Alpine MRV F400 and an MRV T500 for my polo :)

We had bitumen pads for rattly things like Polos :mrgreen:

feel free to dive in, the systems I was involved with cost thousands but these days a trip to halfrauds would get you the same thing for a few hundred, ebay or amazon even cheaper

modern oem factory sound is achieved by software, similar to what is found in Sonos and other compact speaker systems - it uses software to create the most dynamic sound possible given the space and volumes allowed.You listen to a well known track in a modern car and you can hear it at work.

Its a cheap way of getting a decent sounding system for as little money as possible when assembling a vehicle.

Some systems from a few years ago allowed you to place a microphone on the drivers seat, slam the door and let the equalisation take over. The results were often 'interesting'!

I rarely dabble now, its 99% trackers, cameras and insurance black boxes plus maybe a bit of engine management.

Back