Captain Kirk’s Mag Revolution.. Part II (pg5 back for more)

Re:

W.T.F :shock:

Think we need to start exporting them,

:facepalm:

B.T.W xerxes
Liking the link to Geordie Jumpers on the previous page (couldn't see it when logged in on a phone)
must fess up ........I had a jumper just like one of those B.I.T.D :oops:

Attachments

• 3 Capture.JPG
    3 Capture.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 1,258
  • 1 Capture.JPG
    1 Capture.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 1,258
Re:

Just scored a mint LX equipped Kirk for the princely sum of £50
One of those that gets bought and then ridden once or twice* and then left in the garage

*LGF will tell me that's because they came to their senses fairly quickly.... But not soon enough to return it and get their money back :D

Re: Captain Kirk’s Mg Revolution...ended with a crack !

liking your tenacity with this
I think I need to buy one before they reach a million

Mike

Re:

well here's #2

came for £50 and in a near NOS state, paid almost three times that price for a set of folding Z-Max tyres :shock:

that said if I advertised both we all know which would get the most interest and sell ...... and it wouldn't be the Kirk ;)

anyway heres #2

Aside from a couple of small scuffs the only really noticable wear/patina is on the Brakes /STI shifters

torn between leaving as is, or swapping over the XT....... Decisions Decisions

Round 2!

How long do we give it?

Re: Captain Kirk’s Mag Revolution.. Part II (gone back for more)

I remember having a go on one of these at the Thetford meet back in 2009(?)

Sitting in the saddle hands on bars and feet on floor you could (on this one) make the front triangle flex to the point that I didn't turn a pedal :)

By contrast I had a sit on Danson's road bike version of one of these and it seemed a lot stiffer ..... Oh really Mrs ......

Still not going to be making it on to my short list anytime soon.

Nick - cracking job again on the build - that obsessiveness you have seems to transcend all warps of retro fancyness .... Well maybe not down to 200gs .....

Bringing this to MM?

The History Man":9evqefol said:
Round 2!

How long do we give it?

To be honest if I parted this out I think I'd get close to getting most of my money back, and the driving factor was a quick and cheap route to sourcing a spare part for my original one, that said this ones in even better shape and two years newer than #1.

Re:

I'd leave the donor bike as is mate. Looks in great shape to me :cool:

Mike

Back