Cannot seem to sell my late model manitou ht

themountie

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi guys i cannot seem to sell my manitou ht frame and fork had it for a while but having a clear out and need some cash lol it was factory red when I bought it I repainted it purple as it was never polished from the factory has had a small repair on the chain stay support behind the bb shell asking 230 what am I doing wrong here 20230213_162731.jpg 20230213_162825.jpg 20230213_162841.jpg

Brutal honesty- it looks crap in that paint and is a welded frame which isn’t worth the asking price.

Strip the paint and either polish it or have it painted decently and it’ll stand more chance.

It looked better before in red

The red was battered and sun burnt and badly touched up I did not want to polish it as it did not come that way from the factory. there's no other repairs at all other than the very small one pictured.

Brutal honesty- it looks crap in that paint and is a welded frame which isn’t worth the asking price.

Strip the paint and either polish it or have it painted decently and it’ll stand more chance.

It looked better before in red
+1 for paint

The paint does look pretty bad in that colour but the red looked way better.

Also there’s the fact it’s rewelded and welded aluminium frames make people weary, especially as these like to crack a lot.

If you repaint it red with the decals I’m sure you’ll get a good audience.

The red was battered and sun burnt and badly touched up I did not want to polish it as it did not come that way from the factory. there's no other repairs at all other than the very small one pictured.

The red still looked better.

It didn’t come Matte rattle can purple either from the factory so what is there to lose by polishing it and adding decals.

I think the asking price is simply too high.
If you lower it enough it will sell.

Apart from that, these are difficult times.
Cost of living has gone up, a lot of people have less disposable income now.

Welded ones can sell for reasonable money. But agree on the paint finish and more importantly to me is that it is missing a front derailleur and a seatpost. Not easy or cheap to get those parts for a Manitou HT.

I would be inclined to put it on ebay with the photos of when it was red as well as the purple photos, start it at a low price but with a reserve. Quite often that will pull people in and generate some bidding. Or at least show you where people value it. Also make sure you have got photos to show the areas they normally crack in. Adds to buyers confidence, as the repaint may make people think it is hiding something.

It might also depend who did the repair. I would imagine that peeps round here would have more faith in a Danson67 repair - than a "bod with a torch' repair.
The frame has obviously been shot blasted so you can hardly read the serial - but shouldn't a '96 have a clamp for a braze-on front mech and a factory shim for a 31.6 seatpost?

I sold a cracked FS for £200, it came with the front derailleur, seat clamp, insert, seatpost and fork

Purple isnt everyones taste, back to red or even gloss black that looked cool, but those missing unicorn parts a big put off unfortunately.

Back