Cannondale SM600 circa 1990 advice please

I am with 24pounces

I would just raise the seatpost and check the limit mark on the handlebar stem to make sure it is not above the limit. Might just stick a new saddle on Charge spoons are pretty cheap and look good. Take off all the assorted brackets and gubbins then ride it :D :D

;)

Yep

Unfortunately the paint has some chips in it.

Not sure how good the rest of the bits really are.

Its all original as I have owned it from new!

I would higher bars - but just checked the inner thread and its 20mm, not quite an inch.

Also does anyone know if the seat post is a 27.2?

Finally what tyres should I change to - its still on the orginals

thanks

sam

1" relates to the outside diameter the inside is 22.2mm

Not 100% sure on the seatpost but 27.2 sounds about right to me :D

Paint chips are not so significant on an aluminium frame but can be touched up

500 lx was pretty mid range so not fantastic but not rubbish either ;)

Thanks

I am going to try and fit some different bars and go threadless, more for the look and feel than anything else.

I would like to change the levers - are there any recommendations?

And would it be worth changing the cranks or shall I simply leave them as standard?

thanks

Going threadless is a big jump especially on a frame with a 1" headtube you need to source some parts that are getting rarer ( hence more expensive ). It will also most likely change the geometry of the frame if you go with suspension forks.

So with all the parts you seem to want to change it might be a lot easier just to sell and find something else

many thanks

Thats bars and stem sorted.

What size tires do I need. I did measure and they do not come to 26 inches although the badly worn sidewall, did say 26".

thanks

sam

Latest posts

Back