Cannondale SE1000

24pouces - that's what mine looked like when I first got it, wish I had all the bits that I took off and (kind of) spoilt things. That is a beautiful restore... glad you got rid of the colours! :D

leonatico - I'd put them back on in a shot but sadly they got lost when I moved house. They might turn up as I have a load of 'stuff' in the loft unsorted... here's keeping my fingers crossed!

Ha ha.. the head case actually did cover up a dodgy headset but I kind of stuck it back on (hiding the lovely Mavic!) It's been on since the 90's so figure it can't be doing any harm!

Glad to see that I got some feedback... had the awful feeling that this would fall by the way side! I am very grateful to one and all... now if I can get this album thing to work I could post some extra pics (and bigger if I could work out a half decent jpg setting :oops:

Does anyone remember the SE1500? That was based on the same frame but with extra sexy bits? Need to look at some site to see if I dreamt that one up!

I'll paint the frame as it was when I bought it but I have to draw the stickers first.

The SE 1500 didn't exist. You had only 3 EST : the SE 1000, Grey with suntour XC comp components ( the SE you have) the SE 2000, (black, with flashy green for the swingarm and a pink spring) with shimano XT and ritchey (crank, brakes…) component, and, the SE omega with grafton, cook bros crank, ringle…
the omega…

the SE 2000

The SE1000 : your bike
You can see the 1991 catalog there

I remember an article of the SE2000 on spanish "Solo Bici" magazine, it was said to be the first full suspension mtb built in big series (I think it´s the right word), not a one off. Black frame with green swingarm.

Retro Cannondales

:shock: That's the one! Okay... I was 500 out! Now that would be an interesting rebuild... the SE Omega, now you've got my brain started on a new bike project! I can see it now! ;)

Are you going to paint it up like in the scan? Green, pink and black! Whoa... very brave but very retro ;) :cool: I actually like the bare aluminium look although being here next to the sea it wouldn't last long like that. I saw some retro Cannondale stickers/decals while looking on fleaBay... it might be worth having a look around. Or getting a vinyl sign company to cut some for you.

Thanks for the links... a reminder of happy, simpler days gone by!

What is "fleabay" ?
The problem I Actually have : the stickers-decals are impossible to find. I phoned to cannondale Europe or US, they don't have the "vintage spirit" !
I can draw them with "illustrator". It's not a problem. But I need good pics of the decals for drawing them, near the original !

It's a pun or play on words - Ebay! Plus you get a right load of 'tat' (rubbish) on there! ;)

By the sounds of it you could work in the graphics business like moi... I'd get something like the pdf of the Vintage cannondale site, open up the best page in Photoshop, crop, tweak and save as a TIFF and use as an underlay in Illy and "trace" away! If you need any help let me know... only be too happy to help a fellow SE1000 owner! :D

markmacmonkey":1qo76tq5 said:
It's a pun or play on words - Ebay! Plus you get a right load of 'tat' (rubbish) on there! ;)

By the sounds of it you could work in the graphics business like moi... I'd get something like the pdf of the Vintage cannondale site, open up the best page in Photoshop, crop, tweak and save as a TIFF and use as an underlay in Illy and "trace" away! If you need any help let me know... only be too happy to help a fellow SE1000 owner! :D

I ever drew the sticker of my old cannondale SM600, and I drew the sticker of a delta V for a friend in the french old schhol-vintage forum. I need a photo of the decal of the pepperoni fork, and after, I'll only need to print them. But, the difficult : It's hard and expensive to print flashy color as the "neon green" and the pink (serigraphy…)

The ebay seller of the SE wanted the most comfortable bike ! I love the Brooks with the spring! :shock: :D :D
But, not expensive for a bike very near the original SE2000!

The EST was not a XC bike ! :D
Not enough stiff ! The first frames had a big problem : there were no link, between the chainstays, and the swing arm flex a lot. It was one af the first suspension frame ! But, cannondale welded a tube between the chainstays for the last EST, and change the shock absorber unit for the deltaV frame.
I had the first frame. I broke it and cannondale changed it to me for a delta V swingarm with the welded link.
I rode it yesterday. It's very funny : You have to ride it as a rigid bike, with the same feeling, but with more confort. It climb well : the rear wheel always touchs the ground… But, it's very far from modern suspension bike…

Latest posts

Back