Cannondale R900 Si CAAD 5 dented seat stay

Rbruce63

Dirt Disciple
Dear Chaps:

I discovered a small dent, probably less than 2 mm in diameter in my beloved Cannondale R900Si CAAD5. There is no scratching of the paint, however, I suspect that it fell and dented the seat stay while on the bike shop and they didn't disclose the issue.

How should I attempt to fix it, perhaps with a contraption called a "dent remover" or "DingKing". It´s barely noticeable, and there doesn't seem to be any structural damage whatsoever, however, on a YouTube program of two chaps in Holland buying a "used" CAAD10 bike they felt all the parts of the bike to ascertain for damage, dents or scratches and I quickly remembered the dent on mine!

Any pointers are welcome!

Regards from Costa Rica,

Robert H. Bruce

This is an aluminium frame. Aluminium doesn't really like being worked back and forth so I'd be inclined to live with the dent. If you try and pull it out without annealing the aluminium, unless it's very shallow I fear you'd risk weakening that area. For a small sounding dent like that I'd probably fill it and try and make an invisible repair.

Jonny69":3kd8jet8 said:
This is an aluminium frame. Aluminium doesn't really like being worked back and forth so I'd be inclined to live with the dent. If you try and pull it out without annealing the aluminium, unless it's very shallow I fear you'd risk weakening that area. For a small sounding dent like that I'd probably fill it and try and make an invisible repair.

Indeed it is AL which means that I will have to live with it! Regards, Robert

Back