Cannondale Little Bugger bike trailer

Joe_Rides

Senior Retro Guru
Never seen or heard of one of these.

Pretty cool.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I could definitely use that, but having lost two frames to seatpost mounted trailers, I would be circumspect about using this.

In what way did they break the frames?

Seatposts aren't meant to be pulled backwards and forwards by heavy loads. One Ti frame cracked about a third of the way down the seat tube, was welded, and then went again at the bottom bracket. Another aluminium frame went just below the seat clamp. Both well over minimum insertion - and the only common factor was towing seatpost mounted trailers. I don't do it anymore, and had no failures since.

This is cool and if my kids were little i'd have it!

The Burley trailer I had was the best money I ever spent on bike stuff.

Last edited:
Seatposts aren't meant to be pulled backwards and forwards by heavy loads. One Ti frame cracked about a third of the way down the seat tube, was welded, and then went again at the bottom bracket. Another aluminium frame went just below the seat clamp. Both well over minimum insertion - and the only common factor was towing seatpost mounted trailers. I don't do it anymore, and had no failures since.

Ouch!! I’ve sometimes wondered how it would affect a frame. I guess it’d be ok on plain gauge tubing or more utility/ non-race style… I used to pull a Burley style trailor on an a low end Saracen frame at the dropout, didn’t feel like t attaching it to a nice frame though..

This is cool and if my kids were little i'd have it!

The Burley trailer I had was the best money I ever spent on bike stuff.

Managed to get a Burley Bee for £21 last week. It needs a good clean but it's all there. Was listed as "un-branded" and photo's were poor etc. It seems like a nicely made thing, looking forward to using it with my 2 girls!

Ouch!! I’ve sometimes wondered how it would affect a frame. I guess it’d be ok on plain gauge tubing or more utility/ non-race style… I used to pull a Burley style trailor on an a low end Saracen frame at the dropout, didn’t feel like t attaching it to a nice frame though..

Yeah, my latest trailer mounts at the dropout. Only issue I had was once the trailer was so heavy, it pulled the wheel out of the vertical dropout. If I had the option, I'd use a frame with a horizontal or angled dropout.

Back