Cannondale Killer V re-build

doug5431

Retro Newbie
Hi bikers,
I brought this bike new around 1994 when i was 16ish... and have used it since then for just occasional fun and mostly road/cross country rides. I expect its only done 2000miles and i have generally looked after it well and just pottered around on it...

About 2years ago i under-took winter project to re-furbish as much as possible, and replaced most of the components that i could find (at great cost!) - with NOS items XT/XTR from the era... ceramic rims... flite transalp saddle, and also had the frame polished and re-stickered custom made.. as they should be from factory - i guess i got a little carried away perfectionising all this build....replacing the force 40 brake swingers was almost impossible..... but the hardest item to find was a 1 1/4 A-headset.. but i got a expensive one as it was the only one i could find in the world (chris king, from Canada of all places) - eBay 'NOS XTR' searches was my pass-time for few months while i did this.... I basically wanted to re-build the bike, as new - to the original spec i brought, or a little better e.g. XTR where possible....i would say about 75% of items were renewed.... I only meant to swap the inner chain-ring initially... and got carried away.

I took the bike into my local bike shop yesterday (Swinnertons - Stoke on trent) for a little job and they were taken back by the bike - and they said I should post it on here as you guys would like it! They have always helped me out on this bike, so a great shop - thanks to Paul and the team for keeping it going :)

So hope you enjoy the bike....its not for sale BTW just for interest.
Doug - Stoke on Trent - UK.

Attachments

• cannondale.jpg
    cannondale.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 2,362
ok more pics... my brakes ahve been squealling. apparently im running the pads back to front.. and have been doing for about 15years! no wonder they always squealed..... will swap them sometime...

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 2,348
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 2,344
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 2,345
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 2,345
  • photo 5.jpg
    photo 5.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 2,346
  • photo 6.jpg
    photo 6.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 2,346
  • photo 7.jpg
    photo 7.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 2,347
Looks great, would love a killer V at some point.

That seat post is waaaaayyy long though :shock:

Back