Cannondale Fatty internal parts

Re:

Ill have a look at what i have. Dragged a cannondale f900 (i think) with headshox from a skip (i nearly cried). The forks arent useable as the idiot put heavy items on top and bent the fork legs but the actual suspension bit seems to be ok. Theyre 1 1/2 inch i think if that makes a difference. Sorry i have no idea about cannondales
If i can get the forks off and any good to you youre welcome to them for postage costs..

Re:

Some really helpful replies here, thank you to all those who took the time to respond. Still not sorted but a couple of better leads.

Dickyboy - all looked good at Qwerty, then had a closer look, all but the newest Fatty parts 'sold out'
wesmamyke - I might come back to you once I've had a further chat with The Malcolm - he's done what I'm trying to do.
The Malcolm - I will PM you.
MarinMartin - Please, that would be great. Will PM you.

Keith W

Re:

Hi I have a pair the fatty supers si they have no knob at the top to adjust was going to sell them for spares and repairs. to fund for reducer cups to use another set of forks.can send you pics if interested show better what I mean put can't honestly say if internals are in it because I've never had them off.recently bought from cycle jumble last week in Manchester.cheers rod

Re:

Update on this. Retrobikers are the salt of the earth.
A few bits of really good advice and experience have come my way. Particular mentions go to TheMalcolm and rodtrotters74 who have both gone above and beyond for me on this. Also RobMac who got the thread going. If anyone else is trying to resurrect Cannondale Fatty/Headshok the easy answer is 'don't'. Reasonably priced bits are non-existent (certainly in the UK) and the 2 lbs who advertise themselves as having Headshok servicing haven't replied to emails.
I'm now about to click 'buy' on some internal parts shipped from the USA, appears to be the only place that stocks the bits I need. Fitting them without the necessary 'special' tools might be interesting...(Hopefully the bits I've ordered turn out to be the right size/model)
Still happy to receive any input, I've only ordered one set of internals, originally wanted to get both sets of forks back up & running.

Re:

Hi,
I have just stopped using a (red with yellow decals) Cannondale (f700 or f800) bike from the year 2000 which has working (fatty I think) forks. If I keep the frame I would fit Fox forks onto it so would be happy to see the original forks go to good use if needed? Based in London.

Cheers, James

Re:

Hi,
You are welcome to have them for the cost of the postage. I have had my share of bargains etc from this site so happy to donate them to another enthusiast. Not sure when I'll next get a chance to take them off the frame though or indeed how to take them off. Any pointers in that direction would be appreciated..

Cheers, James.

Re:

Hi James
It's pretty straight forward, there's a good Youtube video of an American bloke dismantling a Cannondale with Headshok forks, see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9kPnowFLnY
Don't worry about the early part when talks about 'special' tools, these are for later in the servicing process. Your forks might be even easier to remove, both sets I have don't need the casette tool he uses, once the lockout comes off you only need to loosen the stem and then tap the exposed steerer for the forks to come out.
If you have the time and the inclination there's some nice comic moments in the later videos he's posted when he gets stuck and the camera mysteriously cuts to a different scenario. I know beggars can't be choosers but I would appreciate the top lockout and nut assembly intact. It's one of the parts I'm struggling to find.
Thanks again

Re:

Hi,
Thanks for the link. I will try and get these off in the next week or so. I will also add in some Cannondale specific stems, Coda 4 bolt hub and 4 bolt discs if of any use to you?

Cheers, James.

Back