Cannondale fan/geeks needed for Ebay Weirdo {or other bike heads please wade in]

Rebikecumbria

Retro Guru
Super strange one this , wouldnt normally share something like this but this recent ebay customer is on another planet

soooo i ll cut and paste and add pics below in chronological order and please comment that is if you can make any sense of this because we cant

"
Hi RebikeCarlisle team! Thank you very much indeed. Overjoyed with the bike frame. Now the build starts. I've just left excellent feedback. Please leave me feedback when you get time. Definitely buying more kit from your team.😍 Just polished her up & put my much coveted wheels on her. This is going to be biblical. A one of bespoke bit of kit.
Kind regards "

Attachments

• r700.jpg
    r700.jpg
    367.2 KB · Views: 51

"
Hi Good evening. Had grandchildren all day. Just had chance to check this good! How can this be classed as one slight pressure "Ding"In one of the seat stays. Though hardly noticeable? & In no way effects the stay. It's well dangerous. It's a death trap. I'm 6 Foot 1 - 17 Stone. All the body weight & pressure goes down that frame from seat post down through the frame. 40 Mph down the bypass amongst traffic. What could go wrong. Me under a car that's what. & Foolishly & trustingly i left feedback whilst having T & chatting with my wife after the grandchildren had left. Next minute it's 23-00 hrs & I look at it properly before bed. Look what i find. Massive dent. Right rear seat stay. Bottom. Pictures attached."​

Attachments

• s-l1600 (12).jpg
    s-l1600 (12).jpg
    150 KB · Views: 76
  • s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 75
  • s-l1600 (2).jpg
    s-l1600 (2).jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 77
"

New message to:​

Hi there

sorry to hear this

we are a little confused about the frame though

we cant see any damage to the frame in the pictures you have sent

we check our frames over and would never sell a frame that was damaged and certainly never dangerous
we scrap damaged frames all the time

all 700s of that year left the factory with the forming on the stay on the drive side for chain clearance
if this is what you are referring to in the pictures this is not damage

there was a small pressure knock/ding that i was made aware of and noted and pictured in the original ad
but having checked this again before sending it certainly in no way affected the strength of the frame or made it dangerous in anyway

regards rebike"​

"
You are just full of it. Feeble excuses & repeated drivel. Even Stevie Wonder or Ray Charles could have seen the difference. What's wrong with you lot? Firstly i get my handlebars dumped in the front garden in the dark? Then this nonsense. You are liar's!!!! 100% pictures tell the truth. Get all staff off to Specsavers sooner than later. You have basically called me a liar. Absolutely ridiculous. Grab a good magnifying glass. Pictures attached proof of structural damage.
2 to 3 Millimetres you claim. Don't be utterly ridiculous. The outside dent is 4 Inches in length 1 Inch wide.ive just measured it. I do not give one jot about these unadulterated ludicrous claims by your team & you. Facts are facts. Proof is proof. Left side & right side look 🥸🥸🥸 This is my final message to you lot. Absolutely waste of time. I've contacted eBay customer services. They agree that the structural damage is evidently Clear & visible. Don't not bother contacting me again with anymore nonsense.
"

we are a bit bemused by this one

there was a 2 to 3 mm knock slight ding on the top of one of the seat stays that was hardly noticeable and no way affected the frame and was clearly photo'd in the original add

otherwise the frame was/is in great condition

can anyone who knows what a cannonadale r700 looks like and give some second opinions so we can send this nutter some informed second opinions ; )

Back