Cannondale EST SE2000 owners

I think it's a no-brand spare fork. I also have to find the girvin stem...

kkt40Y.jpg

tnais0.jpg

Re:

Nice. Love the SE2000 paint job. Flexstem shouldn't be a problem but the fork will be I'm afraid. You could try and locate a non Force40 1" fork and run the front brake cable through the hangar on the Flexstem. You'll have the look just not the Force40.

Re:

1" Pepperoni with long steerer are more difficult to find because Cannondale made short head tubes on small and medium size (15" and 18" top level frames, and 17" EST frame). Perhaps, finding a pepperoni from a 20" top level frame or from a 18" Beast of the East frame (only the SM800 in 1991).
The big problem of EST : many buyers of that bike usually swapped the too stiff Pepperoni for a RockShox RS1 (or for other rare 1991 suspension forks). And I know some shop in France which trashed those Pepperoni because nobody wanted them and they needed to clear their garage :facepalm:
But eBay will be your friend ! :D

The Force40 braking system was used on a few 'Dales for a few years, so the right fork will come up in your size - you'll just have to be patient.

Or, if you find a regular Pepperoni fork, you may be able to make an adapter through the hole for the front reflector. (Possibly, I've never tried this.)

The Girvin FlexStem won't be a problem - there are plenty on Ebay (the original would have had a black quill with a metallic grey body).

Good luck!

Re:

Thank you for your suggestions! I just find the right stem. About the fork: I found another old se2000 (in worst condition than mine) of the same size but spend more than 300€ just to take away the fork it seems a little too much, I've payd less for the whole bike. If someone want to make a group for spare parts we could make a "deal" :)

Back