Cannock ride aftermath

John":2cuninxb said:
We held a mini awards ceremony post ride
Best Spirit
missmyfat. Despite his crank falling off within 5 mins and his forks being so fecked the tyre was buzzing on the arch/brakes he was there 'til the bitter end. Nice one :xmas-cool:

Ahh yes, MMF's fukced forks! Pro-Circuit, the best of British! :LOL:

How the man was still smiling at the end is unbelievable, but he was :xmas-cool:

Top marks chap......now go get some new elastomers ;)

Good going all, I did chicken out on this one this time due to distance, fitness, and two retros in bits but did do summat as fun yesterday. great attitude. See you somewhere local in 2009 :cool:

Yes! many thanx to Gump for leading the ride yesterday.Great parts of Cannock were covered,some very technical! Me and my mate Phil had a great time and sorry for having to leave early! I was on the De-Kerf and my mate was on a Giant Carbon(not very retro,but he has his Salsa in bits at home!)
Thanx Max

Apologies for absence (still ickly) - sounds like I missed a good one (but ain't they all!).

Anyone got a definitive list of bikes that turned out?

Mr K

Re: .

mrkawasaki":3sacpcoq said:
Apologies for absence (still ickly) - sounds like I missed a good one (but ain't they all!).

Anyone got a definitive list of bikes that turned out?

Mr K

You were missed Neil :(

Here is an 'off the top of my head list'......if anymore pop into my head I'll update ;)

Goat WTR
Gaint Cadex
Klein Attitude
GT Zaskar
GT Zaskar LE
Kona Hei Hei
Pace RC100
Specialized Stumpjumper
Nishki Alein
Parkpre
Saracen
Bontrager
Furquay
Wicked Fat
Muddy Fox
Raleigh Dyna Tech
Alpinestars
IF
Orange P7
Rocky Mountain Hammer

Modern:
Scott Scale
Specialized FSR

As promised a couple more photos

Attachments

• Mark advises Adrian; Dave gets wood.JPG
    Mark advises Adrian; Dave gets wood.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 2,255
  • Mechanically sound Wicked.JPG
    Mechanically sound Wicked.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 2,255
Last two I think

Attachments

• Isotonic drink.JPG
    Isotonic drink.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 2,254
  • Please Sir, can I have some more_.JPG
    Please Sir, can I have some more_.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 2,254
Thanks for a great day out guys (and Gals!). Really enjoyed it. Didn't expect Cannock to be so extensive with some great trails. Wish it was a bit nearer. Next time I'll be on something a little less unpredictable in the handling department! It was 'interesting' (to say the least) on the twisty bumpy singletrack! I must admit that SS wasn't to bad on the day, not much I couldn't get up and if I couldn't then walking wasn't much slower.

Thanks also for the nibblies and mulled wine at the end. I must have missed the awards ceremony while waiting in the queue in the cafe, nice to be mentioned though. Congrats to the winners.

Happy New Year to everyone.

Thanks all for a great turn out!

Was good to see so many nice old bikes being trashed ;)

Thankfully my weather booking held and made for a dry ride. Few and far between!

Hope the route was ok for most, made a few last minute decisions to avoid some of the techy stuff and shorten it a bit, so guess it was still ok. Lots more for next time still :D

Impressed on the SS crosser Ned! Not the best trails for it really :LOL:

Cheers all, see you at the next one!
:)

A very enjoyable day and my third Retro meet this year. Wow, three times on a bike in one year! That's very nearly a traing schedule!
Thanks for arranging an excellent route. The Chase offers a surprising amount and variety of riding and one or two of the trails were new to me.
My new steed the '88 Saracen Kili Flier coped very well. The mechanic in the shop had his annual (his words) request for a 1" headset spanner. Excellent chap that he is, he was able to put his hand straight to it.
It all felt a bit strange having rigid forks again after all these years but I don't feel too bad today.
Thanks for all the pies as well! It was in a state of post pie sugar rush that I somewhat stupidly took off after the two Eds on another lap of the Dog. Not my most cunning plan and I'm sorry guys if I held you up too badly.

Back