Cane Creek Ti eeWings cranks

Re: Re:

ti-fat-man":2872rghh said:
yoH28k0.jpg

Xyl8O0f.jpg

told my wife that this (yeti 29er) was going to be my last build. so while i had a 'wife pass thought i'd slip these through :D

Wow... good work. If you ever get bored of them ;)

Re:

It takes something pretty funky to out bling some Revs :cool: Retro bling cranks cant take repeated 5G landings sadly. Titanium is fricking amazing really.

A new FAT Ti Eddy with these cranks hopefully one day :p

Re:

Wanted advert:

Anyone got a Ringle Splash cage for sale please?

I added a touch of retroness to make the post relevant :D

Attachments

• eeWings 051.JPG
    eeWings 051.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 577
Re:

Mine arrived yesterday but had an iffy weld, spotted by another RBer from the photos on my build thread, so were posted straight back to the dealer this morning :?

A replacement set are being posted out tomorrow though! :xmas-big-grin:

Re:

info:

my new ones came with a Stainless Steel 14mm crank bolt.
the older set with a 10mm Titanium crank bolt.

when I questioned this with ExtraUK, they stated that Cane Creek had a few reported instances of tough and stuck bolts with the Ti model. They have switched over to a Stainless Steel jobby.

Less Ti ... boo
More reliable undoing ... hoorah

Re:

Cane Creek consider the weld issue “a post-finishing blemish, and not a structural concern” :roll:

They’re sending me new ones out regardless which should be here on Monday :xmas-cool:

Re: Re:

velofrog":13hsxo3r said:
Cane Creek consider the weld issue “a post-finishing blemish, and not a structural concern” :roll:

They’re sending me new ones out regardless which should be here on Monday :xmas-cool:

If they’re selling the ‘faulty’ ones cheap, give them my username!! :LOL:

Re:

So the saga continues....

Went to fit the chainring properly this morning with a torque wrench and copper grease... and promptly snapped the heads off two of the ti bolts!! :facepalm:

Luckily the broken ends came out easily with my fingers, so not a catastrophe, but still....

Beginning to wonder about these 'flagship' cranks.

Attachments

• break2.jpeg
    break2.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 421
  • break1.jpeg
    break1.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 421
Back