Can you help with 13 Year old's 'semi-karma' build?

Could this be the same Jerry Thurston from the telly ?
Wasn't it Salvage squad ?
Used to love that programme, it was brill :)

Only kidding....

I've messed about building single speeds in the past.
I decided to buy a Mango this time instead of faffing around collecting all the parts. It ended up cheaper and a better bike in the long run.

You can customise the bike to your hearts content and they are great people to deal with.... google Mango bikes.

It's probably not want the ultra light roadies would choose, but a cracking budget option all the same.
Save up and buy a Mango....you know it makes sense.

;-)
jr

Yup.... Salvage Squad. 13 years ago!
Starving journalist now.

Still hugely keen on getting hands dirty though.

Proflex.... We have an 855 in the workshop!

Blimey....is it that long ago, Salvage squad was great to watch.
Envious at the time that you all got to work some brilliant projects. The chap on the Thames when you rebuilt the Massey Shaw... he was so made up, it was great to see.
The old Bristol sportscar was a lovely old thing too.
Spurred me on to completely restore a Lambretta scooter and a 1975 Honda 400/4 from the ground up to a proper standard, before moving on to mtb's.

I've build / restored 4 proflex bikes this year, two 656's, 453 and a 856 !
All sold now bar a custom build 656 - to make room for a new modern MTB ;-)

If you can save up for a Mango, it's worth it.
I priced up the wheels, frame, powder coating, stripping etc... I couldn't get near to the price of a new Mango. Choose all your colours for the components, the deep rims and bullhorn bars are what those trendy hipster kids are after ( I'm told ,ahem).

You never know though, you might pick up the frame and bits and bobs on here and fall lucky with the other parts required :)

Best of luck with the build !
jr

Back