Can anyone identify this Mt Bike??? PICS!!!

The controls are on!

CIMG6613Medium.jpg

So here is the mystery Kostrikin 99% completed. (still needs toe clips and bar plugs) I went for a quick ride on a neighborhood trail. The bike climbs surprisingly well, and feels really solid. It will need the middle and outer chain rings replaced soon as these ones are very worn. The other issue is my chainline sucks. Nothing appears bent. I’m gonna try a slightly longer BB to hopefully fix the issue.

I plan to keep this as my urban assault mt bike. I think it will become the pull bike to my daughter’s tag-along. Cheers!

After24Medium.jpg

After12Medium.jpg

After25Medium.jpg

After20Medium.jpg

After6Medium.jpg

After7Medium-1.jpg

After16Medium.jpg

Great job wrey.. PennyPincher BOTM Winner right there :cool:

Love the riding position on it too.. Looks pretty aggressive.. :twisted:

Kostrikin's were built by Nick Kostrikin in Santa Rosa in the early 90's. Great hand built steel bikes and many were fillet brazed. Nick's Brother Billy raced for both Ritchey and Ibis back in the day and he was quite a cross racer as well. Both great guys and fast as heck.

$5! Wholy cow, that's unreal for a hand made custom bike. Enjoy the heck out of it

Ok, I couldnt see the pictures from work. That's an early Kos frame. He changed the logo stickers from that to a more traditional times roman style font later ('91-'92, I had several friends who had them and rode with Nick pretty regularly). I'd place it late '80's.

What's also interesting is the fork is not classic Nick straight blade, so this also put's it early.

Enjoy! he made great bikes and was a fixture in the Nor-Cal, annadel group for years.

Back