Campagnolo Thorr rims and Manitou MSport forks

Hezza

Devout Dirtbag
Just picked up a 93 Marin Indian Fire Trail and it had these Parts on it. I am hoping that someone reads this and has some information/advice about them.

The rims seem to have a concave shape to them, this is consistent all around on both so I assume that this is supposed to be there. The hubs are Shimano but as to the model, I have no idea.

The forks are currently not moving so the first step will be to see if I can free them up. Other than that does anyone have any advice? The stem for these is a Zoom competition. The guy I bought this off thought that these were shop/factory fitted and came with the bike.

If anyone has any thoughts I would appreciate the input. I am still unsure whether to go back to catalogue spec or develop what I have.

From memory, campag rims I've had were concave by design, alleged to improve braking but not many rim makers did it, so wonder if it was marketing bs?

Marins often came with manitou forks (some even had them as rear suspension), a sport and 93 seem about right to me.

From memory, campag rims I've had were concave by design, alleged to improve braking but not many rim makers did it, so wonder if it was marketing bs?

Marins often came with manitou forks (some even had them as rear suspension), a sport and 93 seem about right to me.
Thanks for the info. I checked the hubs a little closer and they are Deore XT so I am guessing that someone rebuilt the wheels with the new rims.

Latest posts

Back