Withdrawn Campagnolo monoplaner brakes - Chorus/Athena

Not particularly good condition at the moment but might clean up ok. Logos look good. Missing the cable adjusters. £20 posted.

IMG_9708.jpeg
IMG_9709.jpeg

Thanks - they could have potential. If don't know if these ones had cable adjusters with a fully round screw or with one flattened side. Are the holes just round on these calipers?

I’m pretty sure they’re a proper pair (front and rear and came off the same bike) but interestingly the front has a flattened side and the rear is fully round. Perhaps the rear has been filed out to take a replacement adjuster when the original was lost? It’s a pretty neat job if it has been filed.

IMG_9715.jpeg

It definitely looks like one has been drilled out to take a round screw. That is a bit awkward. I'll have a think and get back to you! Thanks

If you're still looking for the brakes then I have these:

I believe they would be the Athena model due to the fact that the adjusters are zinc plated, not chromed as with Chorus. The pointy nuts show some chrome loss but not too serious IMO. There's no damage to the brakes and obvs both the adjusters are present. I've mislaid one of the pointy nuts, but I definitely have it (noticed it somewhere recently) so will make sure I include it if you decide to buy. Another thing to mention is that the pads aren't Campag but they are period correct copies, so are a good match. One of the brakes has two righthand pads, but I have the lefthand one somewhere so will find it before selling the brakes. If you're interested I can work out a price for you.

Glad you like them. However, it's probably best if I make sure I have the missing bits first before naming a price for the brakes. I had a quick scout around for both bits today but no luck, so there's now a doubt I'll find them at all, so it's probably best to make sure on them before we take things further:)

Back