Campagnolo DELTA TUTORIAL - How to install and adjust?

Useful (thanks for posting!), but I found that it is not necessary to chop off the cable immediately under the pinch bolt. I left mine long then ran some solder into the cable to prevent fraying, chopped it about 20mm below the pinch bolt and finally bent it upwards. (I may have reversed the last 2 steps - I don't recall). There is sufficient room within the cover to do this without the cable fouling the mechanism.
Also, there's a little bit of fiddling to be done to get the optimal clearance between the brake body and the tyre. It may be advantageous to lift the body higher and leave the brake blocks on the lower end of their travel. This will affect the amount of leverage ever so slightly but give you a bit more flexibility when moving between tyre sections.

I do not have the PowerGrade levers on mine (yet! :)). Can anyone give a summary of their benefit over the standard levers? I assume they change the mechanical advantage in some way??? Are they worth the eye-watering price?

Z

Re:

I'm not sure about the different levers, but back then I had some 1st Gen deltas for which you could either run cables exposed or concealed. Exposed worked well, but to run concealed, you inserted a tab into the lever and the cable ran over this tab, but went through a sharp angle to do this. Invariably, cables kept snapping under hard braking. I'd like to think subsequent lever designs eliminated this fault

Latest posts

Back