Campagnolo Compact Crankset - Silver

Re:

Many thanks for the photos. And the price is excellent indeed.

I'll pass though and let garethrl take them. They're not exactly what I'm after so better to go to someone who will definitely use them.

I might end up buying new Veloce 10 Speed, but hoping something else turns up. Would be ideal to find silver Centaur Ultra / Power torque model. So still looking for now...

Think I still have a really tatty power torque set in the shed and I have some new or very nearly new chainrings too. I'll dig them out and give you some more details.....

Okay well they're a little bit different to anything you've probably ever seen before. Back in my hay day of retrobike trading I experimented with engraving Campagnolo chainsets with the Campagnolo logo. This was one of the first trial parts which actually came out really well. However they were quite scuffed up and I didn't polish them before getting them done. When I got them back I abandoned the idea and checked them in the back of the workshop until now :)

I cannot recall the model but they are a power torque chainset with the Campagnolo engraved on it. They need the scuffs polished out and theres a splatter of blue paint which will also need cleaning off. There is a bb included which seems to be okay but I wouldn't like to say for sure.

Oh and they're 175mm too so maybe no good.

As it needs work I will do it for £45 posted

Re:

Hi Tel,

Thanks kindly for the reply and photos. Sorry for my slow reply, was getting my bike set up for a ride tomorrow.

If only they weren't 175mm, I'd have snapped them up! Especially with the bb included too. And they'd look fun with the engraved logos. I remember you doing the polishing and engraving, I'm pretty good at polishing by hand so could've sorted them out well. Sadly I'm short of leg so 175 are just too long. The bike also has a bit more toe overlap than I like and I use quite a far back cleat position, so don't really want to go over 170s.

Thanks again for your efforts, very much appreciated indeed.

Back