Campag ergo and shimano front mech compatibilty question

foz

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
So, just in case my standard campag 10 speed front mech (currently with campag 10 speed 39/53 crank and chainrings) doesn't want to work well with a non-campag compact chainset (probably 36/52, but might end up being 34/50 depending on cost and availability of parts), would my 10 speed campag ergo shifter play nicely with a shimano XT M739 (I think) triple front mech (over only two chainrings)?

Haven't tried it yet, hoping for some input before I start experimenting...

@legrandefromage ?

Road mechs have less cable pull than MTB ones.

However, if it's a double then you can get away with all kinds of mismatch horrors by having the cable slack when in the inner position. Clamp the cable on the wrong side of the clamp bolt (ideally also file in a groove) and this makes the cable pull close enough.

(I'm currently running a 105 double pulled by a SRAM MTB shifter).

OK, will experiment if my standard campag mech doesn't work well with compact. I could just buy a 10 speed campag CT front mech, but already having the XT I figure I might as well try. I need a compact for an even in early June so want to get it sorted by then, am not sure I will stick with compact after that though so don't want to go "all in" just yet

The older 'click click click' Campagnolo front shifter was happier with just about anything. Not mixed much up lately

Reactions: foz
Mine are the click click click chorus 10 speed type so I will give it a go if needed. thanks everyone!

Back