BSA

ScottS

Dirt Disciple
Finally got round to getting rid of the old worn out down tube shifter gears on my BSA, so I thought I'd post up a few photos of the beater.

Re: £20 Ratride BSA

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your time here.

I think it could possibly be a tad small for you? That length of exposed seat pin is rarely seen on a road bike TBH. You must be rather on the tall side!

It actually looks like a nice frame, any idea what model it is? Looks better than the 'average' BSA of the period.

Welcome :). Nice looking frame, has a hint of early Falcon Pro with the slightly shorter lug points, elongated but flat seat stay caps, mudguard eyes removed, no DT braze one, over bb guides. Forks not right though. Is there a number on the bb?

Shaun

Re:

The frame is a BSA Prima, 531 Reynolds (unless the sticker is incorrect) from whjat the previous owner said the bike is circa late 70s early 80s whcih seems to match up with the information knocking around online.

Unfortunately the frame is very slightly on the small side, at 6 foot 8, beggars can't be choosers, especially with a free bike. The shifters were clamp on as you say, hence the slightly redder areas where they previously sat.

How do you mean the fork is not right?

I have not looked for any numbers on the BB, why do you ask?

I thought the Prima came with mudguard eyes on the dropouts..........just wondering if it had a number on the BB which might veryfy it's ID.

Shaun

Back