Brown rocky mountain,bent seat stay.Fixed, need model name.

I think I may have found a link with the same bike as yours. Looks like it may be a 95 equipe after all. It seems that the 96 had the Ritchey dropouts but not 94 and prior. The 95 catalogue is not very clear but the pic seems to have the same seat tube angle and extension length. I've never seen a brown Equipe but you did say something about the redish seat collar. Check this one out. A 95 ...............

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t ... ght=equipe

Forks

They are Manitou Mars Elite. I haven't weighed them but they are very light. They have nice firm ride aswell.

Cheers.

I had Mars deluxe on my 94 Cindercone. They were nice forks, light too. Looked very simmilar the the Elite exept the crown was different.

Are the elite Air or Coil sprung?

By the way, they look sweet on the Rocky Mtn, really suit it I think.

Not sure

Not 100%,I rarely am,I think they are coilsprung but i'm sure they air in them aswell as they have valves on the back of the legs. I should now really,but I bought them of ebay cheap as spares or repairs and they have worked perfectly since then which was about 6 months ago so all i've done is wash them! I'll have a look tomorrow.

Cheers Bagpipes

Thankyou Mr Bagpipes sir. I have just looked at the link you posted and thats my bike! Well its not but you know what I mean! So absolutely definately its a 1995 EQUIPE. I think i might have to order some stickers after all!

singlespeedtastic!

Bit of a rethink with this frame. Due to the nice short top tube and super comfy riding position I have decided to single speed the old girl. She would be completely finished now if some muppet hadn't requested Hammer stickers from Gil instead Equipe ones(Doh!). Anyway what do you all think?

Attachments

• single RM 1.jpg
    single RM 1.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 889
  • rm small 2.jpg
    rm small 2.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 889
  • rm small 1.jpg
    rm small 1.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 889
Re: Cheers Bagpipes

Grannygrinder":hzt22rur said:
Thankyou Mr Bagpipes sir. I have just looked at the link you posted and thats my bike! Well its not but you know what I mean! So absolutely definately its a 1995 EQUIPE. I think i might have to order some stickers after all!

Only flaw is the 1995 Equipe and most but the high end 1995 RM's used flat top seatpost clamps (see catalogue).
Also the 1995 Equipe had the cable bosses (front mech) in the middle side of the toptube and further around the back of the seattube, your's seems to be further under the top tube and further to the side of the seattube. (maybe the cable is just the picture as it's not so good in the cat.)
I know RM dating is not the easiest, but by 1995 I would have thought they would be a lot more consistent
What is the frame number ?

Back