Broken Pace RC36 EVO 2 damper

Johnny1988

Orange 🍊 Fan
Just managed to acquire a set of 1999 pace rc36 evo2’s but the damper adjustment felt awful, once I had opened them up I found that someone had clearly used a huge amount of force and managed to snap part of the damper.

How does the remaining part of the damper come out of the Stanchion and more to the point does this look like a write-off?

CA037BBA-6AA4-478D-99EA-A8FEE7163E55.jpeg
319F9A45-2D7F-45D1-9F73-1C25CD538384.jpeg

I am trying to work out how to get the rest out of the stanchion but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

@justbackdated, could you PM me if possible with some advice (I still can’t send PM’s), I believe I just bought a spring preload cap for the same set of forks off eBay hoping that and a basic strip and clean would be all they needed (wishful thinking).

I would be happy to send out for some professional surgery if it’s advised, as it’s pretty hard to find useful info as to how to disassemble the damper side, especially one thats been snapped :)

Hope you got the preload cap ok👍
The part stuck in the fork is very difficult to remove, the damper body it is screwed to is bonded into the stanchion… but… I have a fantastic special tool built for me by Richard Hardisty just for this occurrence. If you send the fork to me I can remove the remains of the control valve and sort a replacement or rebuild yours with new parts.

Back