Brodie Model and Year??

BerttheWelder

Dirt Disciple
I have an older Brodie hanging in the shop as wall deco. It was a dumpster save and in pretty bad shape. But I'm curious about it none the less. It brazed out back and TIG'd up front. Has a "....in Canada" sticker. ( the "Made"/ "Built"/ or what ever is worn off). Has rack mounts. Numbers on the BB are: "H6L1" and "5474"
Any thoughts on model and year, etc would be great to know. Thanks!!!

Re:

Post pictures if you can, it's fairly easy to date Brodies by the frame details.

Otherwise 5474 would probably put in the early to mid 90's?

Re:

The H6L1 part of the serial number indicates it's a Taiwanese built frame and number 5474 must be pushing it well into the latter part of the 90's I would've thought.

Re:

The hand made bikes had just a number, 4 didgits,,some of the early ones had a B#### I think..after he split from the Bicycle group.
Maybe you have one of the post Paul offshore bikes ? are you certain it is a Brodie,,,pics would help.( the H could be Hot ?)
cheers

Re: Re:

mrdryskull":1dtz7m8g said:
The hand made bikes had just a number, 4 didgits,,some of the early ones had a B#### I think..after he split from the Bicycle group.
Maybe you have one of the post Paul offshore bikes ? are you certain it is a Brodie,,,pics would help.( the H could be Hot ?)
cheers

It's likely not one of the hand made (not that lucky ;) ) I'll get pic's if I can. It's in a shameful state.
Hot as in stolen? It's def not a Kona. It's got the squared off tips on the seat stays at the seat tube, which I never thought were very nice. They just look lazy to me.

BerttheWelder":2uhpw264 said:
mrdryskull":2uhpw264 said:
cheers

It's likely not one of the hand made (not that lucky ;) ) I'll get pic's if I can. It's in a shameful state.
Hot as in stolen? It's def not a Kona. It's got the squared off tips on the seat stays at the seat tube, which I never thought were very nice. They just look lazy to me.
I have a late 90s Kona Hot which has almost the same frame number! H9L1 and a 4digit number.

Re:

That would make sense. Pretty sure the last of the Hots were built by Hodaka in Taiwan

Re:

Nice Hot. Had a lovely 92' Hot. Order the frame in a deep purple/blue and custom built it up myself as my "fantasy bike" May the thief that nabbed it burn in hell.
This is def a Brod. Tig'd front, braz rear. And seat stays are above the TT joint. Hot's SS and TT joints where lined up.

Re:

The Mountain Goat/Altitude Hots had a "H" # too,,,But the TET Teesdale ones are the nicest IMHO.
I have one but too small :(
I have a line on a 19" TET Hot,,but not cheap.

mrdryskull":r2tpzo1r said:
The Mountain Goat/Altitude Hots had a "H" # too,,,But the TET Teesdale ones are the nicest IMHO.
I have one but too small :(
I have a line on a 19" TET Hot,,but not cheap.

They did but I think their format was different, something like HO96 for example

Back