Brodie Expresso April 1994

caemis

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi,
this is my new project: a Brodie Expresso made on April 18th 1994 :LOL:

I've some ideas, some parts and a direction but it will take some time and I appreciate your input...

Cheers!
Marco

Re:

Nice frame - are you going period correct, or are you modernizing some of the components for your build?

Thanks. I'll go semi-period correct for the most parts. Means something betwwen 1992 and 1997. The tires will be modern - and proably the fork (if rigid of course).

Nice to see a new Brodie project here. I like the color are you going to keep it? Looks like it's in a prety good shape?

Thanks. Yes, I will keep the color, it is the original Art Dept paintjob. Its in overall good conditions with a few chips but nothing worse. I hope I can take some outdoor pictures in the next days...

Signing in for updates :cool:

Looking forward to seeing this one develop :)

Nice Marco :cool: I see the saddle found its new bike :)

Yes it did! Thank you Adrian!

Yesterday I put some wheels on it. Despite the fork question(suspension or rigid) I need another stem with more rise ;)

Does someone know the tire clearance in the rear? My 2.1 fitted fine but I'd like to go as fat as possible and I didn't received my test tires I ordered some days ago ...

I would not go wider than 2.2, and I would check before riding. It can vary with different rims. I bought mine back in 1995 with tyre marks left by 2.3 slicks

Second test with wider tires and a new stem:

In the rear 2.25 and front 2.35. Wheelset is based in Sun 0°XC rims with 19mm inner width and enough space on both sides of the wheel...

Back