Britain by Bike - BBC2 9:30

sgw

Old School Hero
Feedback
View
Previously shown on BBC4 and unfortunately featuring Clair Boulding but its old bikes in nice countryside so might be worth a watch:-

Britain by Bike Clare Balding sets out on a two-wheel odyssey to re-discover Britain from the saddle of a touring cycle.

In a six-part series, Clare follows the wheeltracks of compulsive cyclist and author Harold Briercliffe whose evocative guide books of the late 1940s lovingly describe by-passed Britain - a world of unspoiled villages, cycle touring clubs and sunny B roads. Carrying a set of Harold's Cycling Touring Guides for company and riding his very own bicycle, Clare embarks on six iconic cycle rides to try and find the world he described - if it's still there.

Her first journey takes Clare to the rugged and beautiful Atlantic coast of north Devon - from Lynmouth, scene of Britain's worst flood disaster in the early 1950s, to Ilfracombe via Little Switzerland, and a hidden silver mine whose riches probably helped England win the Battle of Agincourt.

Category Documentary
Director Alison Pinkney
Executive Producer Steve Bailey
BBC2 9:30pm-10:00pm (30 minutes) Fri 26 Nov

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00t4lqf

we watched 1st episode this week , did she do more than 1 mile actually riding at all .

but nice scenery

biggs682":129bdbal said:
we watched 1st episode this week , did she do more than 1 mile actually riding at all .

but nice scenery

I very much doubt it. I suppose even if she were a dedicated cyclist, doing the whole route in real time wouldn't be an efficient way to make a TV program. It's easy to forget that TV, whatever they would like us to think, is very rarely reality.

I wish there had been more about the bikes but as you say, the scenery was great. I fancy that coastal path along the cliff.

is this a repeat? i was watching it a couple months ago but missed a couple

yeah if it was real time etc. then it might as well be tour de france or something :LOL:

Back