Bring out your multitools....!!!

And here is my personal favourite of the moment. Basically...at 7am I get ready for a long outback ride...into the pack goes

- food
- pump and shock pump (just discovered valve key in top of Topeak Rocket pump - hurrah)
- water (2kg)
- waterproof
- first aid kit
- tube
- tyre repair kit with chain tool and levers
- credit card
- phone

And so my pack weighs a S T U P I D amount

....so a tiny tool very much is best....

1634207749432.jpeg

That's a tiny one you've got there Tim!

I am a tiny person with a tiny tool.

I once stood in a group of French Ski Instructors and Janic Turrell asked ‘anyone got a pen?’ - remembering that Ant had a weeny biro in his SwissCard I said in French ‘Ant a une petit stylo...’
At which point these hardy men of the mountains fell about in the snow laughing uncontrollably. Literally.
And then I realised that the phrase might just have an established double meaning.
Which it does.....

How things change ..... announced today ....

I'm sure I was looking at that a little while ago. Maybe this is an updated version.

Buying a new multi tool would be quite the decision nowadays if, like me, you worry about choosing one then finding a slightly more suitable a couple of days later!

Yep this is updated with the ‘new ethos’ - it assumed bent rims (low pressure tubeless and lots of jumping), big holes in tyres (tubeless), bears in the wood and bushwacking (knife blade), broken finger nails (rasp) - (what the fff is the rasp for ffs) - and other modern nonsense (which regrettably we buy into somewhat wholeheartedly….)

Yep this is updated with the ‘new ethos’ - it assumed bent rims (low pressure tubeless and lots of jumping), big holes in tyres (tubeless), bears in the wood and bushwacking (knife blade), broken finger nails (rasp) - (what the fff is the rasp for ffs) - and other modern nonsense (which regrettably we buy into somewhat wholeheartedly….)

I can live without most of that I think

Finally found a reference online to my Ritchey multitool, which is called "Compact Pocket Rescue" (CPR). It comes in two pieces that slot together. I believe it's from 1992. The internet has a grand total of three pictures of it. I never use it, but I'm quite proud to own it.

product_359234.jpg
Dlnq-DtU4AAMm3y.jpg
DlnpnRjUwAEYJVO.jpg

Back