Bridgestone MB-Zip frameset / most of a build project

Rod_Saetan

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Like the Ritchey I got some of the way to building this how I wanted it (catalogue spec from 1990, more or less) and so will see if anyone wants it to finish, or frame only. 18" 1990 Bridgestone Comp MB-0 aka the Zip. Frame and fork are well used, loads of chips and marks (though the paint was a little thin for weight saving), no dings or dents and no area of concern, you could get it refinished but it's only original once, right? Designed to be just about the ultimate off the peg production mountain bike the zip was the best bang for buck racer for the two years they made it, only 1000 were made each year (for two years) and they rarely come up for sale. 18" seat tube centre to centre and 22.5" top tube centre to centre. Frame/fork also includes a NOS Shimano XT BB cos I put it in already and the little cable hanger doodah.

WM55ui4.jpg

wwIFjXz.jpg

eqBUJS2.jpg

9cz4owl.jpg

b09um3K.jpg

Kh8Me2T.jpg

YiMfIhv.jpg

wsXPj65.jpg

GmTxq7j.jpg

3U0FLnf.jpg

hvWfqTh.jpg

K88tL8C.jpg

Bits:

Brand new clear wound steel Velo Orange brake and gear cable sets (same look as the original)
Suntour 7 speed freewheel
Suntour XC Pro non-MD rear mech
Suntour XC Pro thumbies
NOS Suntour XC9000 front mech (that;s the spec! kinda)
Ritchey Force quill stem by Nitto, mint
Ritchey Force directional seatpost by Nitto
Mavic Paris Gao Dakar hubs with skewers black
NOS pair of Ritchey Vantage Comp silver ano rims (not pictured)
Dia Compe SS5 brake levers
Specialized ST-1 'Flag' crank with Mavic outer and granny rings
NOS Ritchey foam grips
Selle Italia Turbo in 'tusk' (not white!) with blue lettering (seriously hard to track down and original spec!)

uhRN63b.jpg

hfwSwyM.jpg

LGFI8ci.jpg

8V1ai0v.jpg

P3eECD1.jpg

eDqln0T.jpg

TBS3KVm.jpg

ZJ8RN5o.jpg

Eayfgi8.jpg

n2vvThY.jpg

Pricing:

Frame/fork/BB = £250
Build stuff: £300
The lot = £500

Get the wheels built, find some Ritchey tyres, get some cantis and you're basically done.

Back