Breezer Storm 1994 - Finished

Re:

Lovely!

I didn't know those shifters came in 9 speed.

Is there a tooth missing on the cassette?

Great colour co-ordination Ian ;)

Bars too wide?

Mike

Re:

LikeClockwork, :) Thanks Kaz, I think she turned out kinda pretty :) , and erm :oops: Sorry , what can I say.. it was my size :facepalm: :oops: :)

Kingbling , Thanks , Its my first 'Purple' build , must admit, I wasn't too sure if I'd overdone the purple , and I'm very tempted to change the crank for something like a Cooks in purple maybe ? and as mentioned previously the wheels will be changed, currently unsure with what :( , I love the Ringle purple bubba hubs , but after a nos set went bang on my funk after about 3-4 rides , its put me off somewhat :| :(

Mike, I've the same shifters, in 8 and 9 speeds, really like them, they give nice shifts and give a cleaner look in my opinion , never really had any issues with them either like some say, guess must be just luck :) , Which cassette ? buddy .. colour is about their but as mentioned , maybe the cranks will go , and on the search currently for purple hubs :) ,, the bars are a little narrow tbh, but I could maybe live with that, its the colour to be honest :( , think I'll go black bars :) or maybe purple ? what you think ?

Re:

I'd stick with silver bars, they go with the seatpost.

Never seen those cranks with that detail on. Got a better photo?

Is it a Recor cassette

BTW, I used my Sachs Wavey 8 speed ones recently, on a 100km ride. Not a single issue!

Mike

Re:

I'd stick with silver bars, they go with the seatpost.

Never seen those cranks with that detail on. Got a better photo?

Is it a Recor cassette

BTW, I used my Sachs Wavey 8 speed ones recently, on a 100km ride. Not a single issue!

Hi mike :) , I'm still unsure on the silver colour on the handlebar :| , I can see where your coming from , usually I think a build looks better if the stem and seat post colour matches for a start , but having tried a silver stem on , (as I didn't like a black seatpost against the purple on the frame) the stem seemed to get lost in with the white painted front end of the frame, not sure if you know what I mean :oops:

So as I couldn't tie in the stem and seatpost , I'd looked at it from another angle, hence the silver bars, to tie in with the seatpost, but these bars turned out to be a little on the narrow side, and now somehow I just think they look wrong 🤦

I have been leaning toward maybe a purple set of handlebars , but think that might be a step too much, I think it would create another issue with colour , because now their would be three main colours at the top part of the bike ? Hmmm or is it my ocd kicking in 🤦 :LOL:

The gold cassette is a Recon :) but I chickened out of using it on the ride out :oops: :roll: :LOL:

The cranks are Ritchey Logics :)

as regarding the shifters, i've used them without any issues , must admit their are some nasty grip shift units around but the wavy's are not one of them , to me anyway they feel a quality unit, nice to use , don't fall apart, easy to change cables etc , love the friction on the front shifter to trim the mech , the rear shifter is nice and gives a firm positive change , also nice and light too , personally underrated, cheap on eBay etc , but don't tell everyone ssshhh ;) ;)

:!:

:shock:

oh pants !! did I just say that 🤦 🤦 :D

Ian

Last edited:
Re:

Yes I think purple bars would be too much. I'd stick with silver, even if you get wider silver bars.

I know they're Logic cranks, it was the detailing I hadn't seen. Then I realized it was heli tape on the arms! :facepalm:

Mike

Back