Brake Bleeding - Kits/syringe and nipple?

reanimation

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Since I got back into Mountain bikes in 2003 I've somehow put off modifying and bleeding brakes (and suspension forks).

I realised I now have 7 Diatech Anchor brakes! 4 old type (reservoir on top) and 3 new type with different reversible levers (fill screw on top/bottom).
Anyone else using these Diatech/Halfords BikeHut brakes? Rumour had it they are based on Hayes.

I decided to use the 2 best new ones for my latest build. I had a spare hour so thought lets dive in!
My kit was far from ideal though. I had a bottle of Dot 4, a bleed pipe from the car shop for the calliper nipple but the Calpol syringe I randomly found in the kitchen was perhaps the worst! oops! no rubber in it I noticed during so it dribbled out top and bottom. :facepalm: Damn it. Still I did what I could. :LOL: I even swapped hoses/levers/and callipers, Might be a faulty lever on one of them.

EDIT: ordered these now Should be a breeze...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SRAM-Brake-Bl ... SwtnpXllcG

Cheers

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back