boy"O"boy's 1989 Saracen Kili Flyer - AKA PINKY!

Mind letting us know where the cannondale came from ? its just the sticker on the wheels is from a bike shop in Penrith and I'm wondering if they were original to the frame ta

Re: Re:

Cheers Gus.
None of the local shops stocked Saracen that I remember, although the head hunter and bus jumping magazine ads were cool. :cool:
W.E Wass in Colchester was predominantly a Raleigh stockist. It was also a mix of toyshop and fishing tackle shop as well. Seem to remember Last year's Dynatech Mission & Odyssey models mixed in with Raleigh Peak and Ravines. (Never saw an Endeavour though!)
Then Get Pedal'in opened..... :cool: Marin/Alpinestars/Redline stockist and we all hung out there instead.
Anglian Cycles for Kona and supposedly Pace (but never saw one).

Shame that Saracen was under the Radar for me.
Was the trekker the Green one with the Double U-brakes?

kingbling":1834ozy7 said:
Mind letting us know where the cannondale came from ? its just the sticker on the wheels is from a bike shop in Penrith and I'm wondering if they were original to the frame ta

Yeah. Sure.
The Wheels were originally purchased from eBay back in 2008 as a period wheelset for my Aluminium 'O'. Cannondaleking then sourced me some MA40's and the hubs and spokes from these wheels were rebuilt onto the 'new' Mavics.
The M281 CD rims then sat around for ages before I decided to have a go at wheel building myself and built them onto the black Deore hubs you see in the pics. These went onto the cannondale, but realising the frame was too small for me, were used on the Saracen instead.
Basically, I never took the wheel builders stickers off of the rims, although did wonder if Arragon's was one of the wheel builders like Merlin Cycles etc.

Cheers.
boy"O"boy

Re: Re:

boy"O"boy":23vydb9r said:
Cheers Mark.
Yeah, I've seen on a few occasions you've mentioned my bikes are the perfect size for you!

boy"O"boy

Thanks for the reply, it suprised me a bit as i thought you rode smaller frames than 19" for some reason.

And considering your builds my comments on perfect size are as much in the hope of owning them one day as the asthetics :D

Re:

Obligatory picture with 'Graffiti background'

Rode well again today on a 'permitted exercise' ride..... Better without heavy mud!

Thanks to all that voted for the Kili in Feb's 'blue collar special' BOTM. Massively enjoying Warwickshire's finest on a regular basis. :cool:

Cheers
boy"O"boy

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    158.4 KB · Views: 160
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    166.6 KB · Views: 160
Back