• al’s '85 Schwinn Cimarron

Votes: 21 22.8%
  • Bollox64's 1991 Pace RC200 F1

Votes: 17 18.5%
  • Retro_Roy’s early 90's Rocky Mountain ladies Thunderbolt

Votes: 5 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Bianchi and Lee Cooper are both lovely. But al’s Schwinn is the one I want to ride in this spring weather. Glad that frame kept its patina.

Re:

Looks like the bribery and threats of violence paid off.

Thanks to everyone that voted for my bike, I'm pleased as punch to have won...for once!
This bike was built as a tribute to Lars 'Klunkin' Weber, who donated many of the parts to the build, RIP Larry.
I would also like to dedicate this to my younger brother Wayne, who was also a big fan of everything old mtb, he passed away suddenly a few days ago. Ride free our kid xx

Thanks again to all that voted for my bike, and congratulations to everyone that entered this month, great standard as ever.

al.

ps the cheques are in the post.

Al
I cannot steal even the most modest bit credit for your win by saying I voted for it - however I’m pleased your Schwinn won / you won :D
Probably just as well I didn’t vote, as in 9 yrs of voting I’ve only backed about two winners ( Spuds vote = kiss of death)

I’ll bet nobody’s won BOTM with Schwinn before and we’re Probably never going to see a Schwinn win again - ever (so even more kudos for pulling it off..... although you don’t do mainstream with you love of the eccentric so what’s next ?

Anyway congrats - hope to see it at a show somewhere, but probably not this year :(

What are those new tyres like - I haven’t used anything bigger than 1.9 for decades and hoping they come in 1.8/1.9 size next year and I’ll be like a kid in a sweet shop!

Sorry to hear about your brother Wayne - puts a lot of things into perspective

Big congrats Al :)

Didn’t Alec’s Team Schwinn also win BotM a while ago?

Schwinn is nicely finished but I’m really not into bikes before ‘90. Voted Pace just a whisker in front of the ‘dale. Not usually into them either but it just looks sexy somehow.

raidan73":1cncggnf said:
Big congrats Al :)

Didn’t Alec’s Team Schwinn also win BotM a while ago?

Yep it sure did ! ....... :oops: :facepalm: I’m taking Bollox!

Hotwheels.":1cncggnf said:
Schwinn is nicely finished but I’m really not into bikes before ‘90. Voted Pace just a whisker in front of the ‘dale. Not usually into them either but it just looks sexy somehow.

Same here on anything pre 1990 , mine went to the Dale which is one of the very few Dales I’d like to own, pretty much like the RTS I and II are the only GT I’d own.

Back