Books & DVDs WITHDRAWN FROM SALE

Sorry, my previous post was supposed to read: note: rusty bodie and peetee are excluded from my last comment.

Re. Surely it's just a case of contacting you, paying for said book(s) and you send it/ them to the buyer? How can anyone out there find that difficult?!?!

A: Don't ask! :facepalm:

Re: Books & DVDs INDIVIDUALLY PRICED

rusty bodie":1hc2slby said:
Mr. Bleak":1hc2slby said:
ALL BOOKS ARE NOW WITHDRAWN FROM SALE.

Sorry, but there's too much hassle dealing with people on here.

note: rusty bodie and Retro Guru are excluded from my last comment.

Surely it's just a case of contacting you, paying for said book(s) and you send it/ them to the buyer? How can anyone out there find that difficult?!?!

:facepalm:
Well I am one of the ones causing hassle because I chose not to pay using PayPal gift, even though on every other selling forum they say don't pay by PayPal gift. If that's hassle, then sell on Amazon?

Re:

Yes, so have I, but if the seller doesn't send your item, you lose your money. If you use the other form then you can get your money back easily from PayPal, but the seller loses out but paying a fee, unless the buyer pays the fee.

I paid the fee, so he got the price he asked for

I'm not saying this seller is a scammer, but scammers ask for PayPal gift for payment

Re:

Hmm, well maybe you've just been unlucky - I've found everyone on retrobike to be absolutely fantastic and totally honest and that's from years of buying and selling on this forum.

Italian ebay however . . .

:roll:

Re: Re:

rusty bodie":1ibsfspi said:
Hmm, well maybe you've just been unlucky - I've found everyone on retrobike to be absolutely fantastic and totally honest and that's from years of buying and selling on this forum.

I've not been scammed, but using Facebook & Bikeradar has formed this habit of paying by the non gift method of PayPal payment, even if it means paying a few pence to cover the sellers fees.

On Bikeradar it's a forum rule you must pay this way, as its had is share of scammers, although I've not had any issues.

Facebook selling pages are regular haunts of scammers, usually selling Garmin 1000, so this is why I stick to my habits

maviczap":2xkwkc93 said:
rusty bodie":2xkwkc93 said:

I've not been scammed, but using Facebook & Bikeradar has formed this habit of paying by the non gift method of PayPal payment, even if it means paying a few pence to cover the sellers fees.

On Bikeradar it's a forum rule you must pay this way, as its had is share of scammers, although I've not had any issues.

Facebook selling pages are regular haunts of scammers, usually selling Garmin 1000, so this is why I stick to my habits

PPG also advised against on here, too. From the classifieds rules...

The Deal
Use your common sense and discretion!
Check the users feedback. Either through the feedback forum or by clicking the feedback link below their post.
Do not use paypal gift, this breaches paypal's terms and conditions and gives no protection in case of issue.

Exchange 'real' contact details like name, address and phone number before the transaction occurs.
All items should be sent via recorded post.

As long as you cover the fee, I fail to see what the problem could be?

trail-blazer":14gl6wwt said:
maviczap":14gl6wwt said:
rusty bodie":14gl6wwt said:

PPG also advised against on here, too. From the classifieds rules...

The Deal
Use your common sense and discretion!
Check the users feedback. Either through the feedback forum or by clicking the feedback link below their post.
Do not use paypal gift, this breaches paypal's terms and conditions and gives no protection in case of issue.

Exchange 'real' contact details like name, address and phone number before the transaction occurs.
All items should be sent via recorded post.

As long as you cover the fee, I fail to see what the problem could be?

Thank you!

So you can understand why I felt a bit peeved about causing the seller hassle, I didn't understand it myself.

If its in the forum rules then sellers need to understand this & ask for the fee or absorb it in the sale price

Back