mk one

Archivist
Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Quite rare, hopefully seller has not damaged the pin trying to get the bars out, though could be replaced.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
This was mine, it was fitted to the Harry Quinn that I sold to this chap (along with the shifters, levers and grips) :)

The clamp is fine, it's just the paint that was a bit rough but the metal is good. I just slapped a bit of black enamel on it years ago to keep the rust out. It probably could do with sanding back and refinishing though.

I'm almost tempted to buy this back for my OR but too many projects are on the back burner at the moment!

You must have had hundreds of these at some point Joe, I bought one from you too (about 10 years ago)!
Yes, I wish I had kept that one too Roly! It was in better nick than this one as well.

I might have to have a think about this one...if it's still around that is!

I'd like to have it on the OR but I'd be streeeetched. The pullback on my bullmoose saves me.

It appears a good value package , but the corrosion - especially the white marks (?aluminium corrosion) are a concern.

As Keith Bontrager once stated: ‘cheap / light / / strong - pick two’

Although that idea prob was maybe not supposed to be aimed at one of his own products…
guess as with any retro component a careful assessment about usability in 2023 needs to made.

It’s a cool piece + great parts (ss7 levers are excellent) , if mint condition then maybe - but for my riding will just watch this one…

Well...rightly or wrongly I struck a deal with the seller and this is on the way back to me :)

I happened to still have his direct number on my phone from 2018 so I couldn't resist dropping a message and having a chat. Hopefully it hasn't suffered too much over that time. I can sort out the paint when the time eventually comes to refresh my OR.

If it is beyond safe use, it will be a nice memento of the time when I delivered a sold bike by hand down to Brighton and returned to East London to face the other half whilst a bit half cut (again) :LOL:

Back