Bomber Z1 1996 canti stud / brake boss

TerryParadise

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Just got hold of a lovely pair of 1996 Z1s. One brake boss was broken. Got the other one for reference. I've checked brake-stuff.de but they only have ones for 1997 onwards.
These look pretty similar dimension-wise:

Does anyone have experience with this issue? What did you do?
Or do you have a spare lying around?

Thanks

The ones for a 97 fork will be the right ones, your forks are probably stamped 96 and were made in 96 but the original Z1 was released as a 97 model year product. I'm pretty sure I have a set lurking around somewhere, I'll have a look in the morning.

Not exactly the same, but I had something similar with a set of 2002 dirt jumpers. These need the canti bolts to secure the brace (M-Arch). I couldn't find the correct bosses, so instead bought some M6 hex shoulder bolts to secure the brace. I can only run discs but they're dirt jumpers so may never see a front brake anyway, haha.

Last edited:
The ones for a 97 fork will be the right ones, your forks are probably stamped 96 and were made in 96 but the original Z1 was released as a 97 model year product. I'm pretty sure I have a set lurking around somewhere, I'll have a look in the morning.
Any joy?

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back