Bodge on the trail...quite proud of this

Had the 8man rear wheel rebuild at the Big dirty weekender! never seen so many odd and curious repair tools come out of camelbacks, from cone spanners to cassette tools !

Had the 8man rear wheel rebuild at the Big dirty weekender! never seen so many odd and curious repair tools come out of camelbacks, from cone spanners to cassette tools !

I can endorse this as the trail repair. Freehub body come loose, stripped threads on axle and jammed cassette against chain stay. Impressive.

A while ago while on a ride with orange71 we were stood chatting and he was fiddling with the rear brake .

" I have to make sure I don't roll back with the brake on , I don't have pins in the pads "

Later he did, it fell out, backtracked but not found. :roll:

Sorry Ed, couldn't resist :D

nice little bodge!!

BITD, had a front puncture. 12 miles away from home, but obviously none of us had tubes or pumps - we were young!!
Anyhow, there used to be stories of filling tyres full of leaves and shit to ride home. In a nutshell, its bollox. After stupid amounts of time stuffing crap into a z max, we realised it was fruitless, and easier just to ride on the rim and flat :roll:

Out of the box bodge
well done,not many would have thought to do that with one.
But begs the question,What did you have it with you in case of ,in the first place :?

Nice one, I would have just taken the whole brake off and ridden with just the back one!

I've stuffed leaves and veretation into tyres to get home before when I've forgotten to take a tube out and a repair kit....long time ago though!

i had a mate, who's animal watch strip pin fell off along a trail, he then proceeded to pace the distance between when it could have fallen off, to where he noticed it, to which i proclaimed it could be anywhere, but then looked down at my feet and low and be hold, it was just there shining up at me. not a bodge but a bloody lucky fluke.

I did that with a contact lens once on the trailside :shock:

Once mended a puncture with a bit of polythene bag and a boiled sweet for glue. It worked fine and I forgot about it until another puncture when discovered it again, months later.. :shock:

Back