Blackmount/Glen Etive - Sat24/Sun25 APRIL AFTERMAaaa.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand the route is set,and everybody kind of knows what they're doing.
Why the kingshouse?
why not the clachaig
Better food,better beer,better scenery,less midgies, :LOL:
Not too sure how much further on it is though :? ,but its also much closer to the Glen Etive turnoff
must admit ,we usually drive between the two :oops: ,so it could be an extra 10 miles or so.

The 'kingy' :x
Their toilets :shock: ive seen better in a disused pub in the Gorbals :x

And at the Clachaig ,theres less chance of bumping into the dreaded Jimmy Saville ;)

For the evening meal front I was just going to bring a pasta ready meal - can be eaten cold if needed and you can use the cardboard outer for kindling :)

I don't mind where we eat lunch Dyna... unless it is further away :)

Got a set of panniers for the trip :) Tesco's ... $8.34 ...on the shelf at the wrong position, I complained and got them discounted from $12. :

Dundee's gone over to Dollars :shock:

I think i'll have a large fillet steak for my evening meal,at the hotel in palatial surroundings. Perhaps even listening to some light music while i savour my meal.
Tum..te tum.... :roll:

Coffee and mints after :LOL: :LOL:
:twisted:

whats the total number going on this trip?.Ive lost the reference :oops:

Hope my sleeping bag will arrive today from Amazon. Hope will be not too big though. I'll take my huge rucksack so I'll be have good training before 10 under the ben :D

Dyna - Now then, Now then, Now then :D - The Clachaig would add approx 20 mile round trip on the A82 Trunk Road whilst the Kingy is pretty well at the Glen Etive turn off .
For our purposes, quickish lunch, the Kingshouse is better placed although the Clachaig certainly scores during their October Beer & Musicfest :D

Panniers v Rucsac - hmmmmm - I'm still debating that one ;)

jingle, jingle, jingle..........

I have a pannier rack, a bar bag and a rack top bag. Also have one pannier bag :x (cannae find the other one) but its also my work bag, should anyone need owt. Though it might be a PITA posting.

I might be needing a bit of transport help with my bike.
My mate wants me to drop it off to his house on thursday,Its just that room when you have two dogs is at a premium
It probably would work no problem but ill have to partly dismantle the front end then he'll pack it in the car,leave it there overnight :shock:
Its just i dont want to get there and find he's moved/damaged something through not knowing bikes.Preventing me from riding
Unlikely but if it can be avoided then that great.
Plus it affords us more room :?

If theres room in Gazz's car or anyone else near me in Glasgow i could drop it off to them
I'd feel happier leaving it in the hands of another cyclist :cool:

Update

Mate has just phoned.Something about the bank withdrawing his overdraft.He's had to cancel at the last moment,therefore it seems i must too.I cant get up there for 10.30am and after the return trip from Kingshouse i'd have nowhere to go,or be able to camp or any of the stuff ive planned

**** :x
Gutted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back