Bit bored of my bikes ending up very similar

Suntour XC Pro/Comp. Getting some grey hairs while gathering a good/NOS groupset is not optional, but straight up compulsory, though...
Might be older, but timeless design helps. Combine them with Sugino (cold forged Mighty 900 cranks are the bees knees) & some Ritchey/Dia-Compe stuff for extra level of spiciness!

Last edited:
Early 90s Suntour rocks....im convinced they only developed xtr because xc-pro blew XT into the dust quality and functionality wise....

Pity suntour then self destructed as a company!

But the kit is beautifully engineered.
Was significantly lighter and cheaper too than good old M730 stuff. In fact, so cheap it failed to feed the company.

Suntour XC Pro/Comp. Getting some grey hairs while gathering a good/NOS groupset is not optional, but straight up compulsory, though...
Might be older, but timeless design helps. Combine them with Sugino (cold forged Mighty 900 cranks are the bees knees) & some Ritchey/Dia-Compe stuff for extra level of spiciness!
oh the slickness of the Suntour SC front mech compared to Big S of the time....sublime....

come to think of it, I have some Sugino Mighty cranks somewhere.....

Just stop caring if it is period correct and have some fun 🤷‍♂️
Really, go 1x, go single speed, make it a gravel bike (I did just that with my '94 Dyna-Tech titanium mtb and it's the est thing I ever did!) with a flared drop bar, just make it your own. Aside from some on these forums, no one actually cares about what components it came with originally, or how it looked. Add a basket, faster tires, and you'll have a blast on it as an awesome streetbeater.
Just my 2 cents, based on my own experiences.

Just stop caring if it is period correct and have some fun 🤷‍♂️
Really, go 1x, go single speed, make it a gravel bike (I did just that with my '94 Dyna-Tech titanium mtb and it's the est thing I ever did!) with a flared drop bar, just make it your own. Aside from some on these forums, no one actually cares about what components it came with originally, or how it looked. Add a basket, faster tires, and you'll have a blast on it as an awesome streetbeater.
Just my 2 cents, based on my own experiences.
Some?!!??? Some!!!!!!
Good God Man this is RetroBike not some PinkCycle modern nonsense!!!!

(As I put on a Loose Riders top and put a 2021 Cotic on the roof rack….)

Back