big wheel content - Ritchey P29er

Re:

Have the Deore brakes on my Lobster...£70 for complete front and rear sets ready to fit! And they work well too!

Re: Re:

wookiee":2llqay14 said:
Have the Deore brakes on my Lobster...£70 for complete front and rear sets ready to fit! And they work well too!

Yup. And the spares are all cheap as you like too. Complete lever is only £16.50
Weighing up the options (figuratively speaking, not literally)....... for the money/performance/weight you can't beat em IMO.

superstu":3r43aksa said:
Lovely build

Nothing wrong with the deore brakes, not the lightest but very good which is the more important thing for me at least.

Only thing I'm not 100% on is the fork...not sure if it's the colour or the shape. Maybe that's just me and spending a lifetime looking at project 2's and those old Saracen segmented forks!

Cheers. If it was money no object I must admit I'd have got a niner carbon fork, but the F&F came together a fair bit cheaper than retail so I wasn't going to turn it down. Can't really see it in the pics but the bare fork looks pretty cool with the carbon layup all on show.

paddy311":1jxwt04p said:
superstu":1jxwt04p said:
Cheers. If it was money no object I must admit I'd have got a niner carbon fork, but the F&F came together a fair bit cheaper than retail so I wasn't going to turn it down. Can't really see it in the pics but the bare fork looks pretty cool with the carbon layup all on show.
On reflection they are growing on me, you can just about make out the layering on them. Not sure the niner fork looks ok on anything other than a niner, it would look a bit out of place against the skinny tubes on your lovely Ritchey!

Back