Bianchi "Ragno" mod. "Pholcus" as NOS!

Wow! It's like a time capsule. Very good condition and a really original bike.

crazy frame, never knew bianchi did stuff like this. I always picture bianchi as a pale blue road bike. ;)

That looks in fantastic condition. I love the paintwork and the matching seat!

I'd been gathering together some information on the Ragno range, but still haven't got around to putting it on the Wiki yet ... I'll try to do that soon.

Interesting that it came with 400LX, as I'd previously seen the Pholcus as coming with Suntour XCM. Was it different different years, or were customers given a choice?

Re:

First, thanks to both!

Information on "Ragno" are few ... and rarely found catalogs!
I can speak based on personal experiences and on-line data collected.

On models "Ragno" there was no possibility of customization, and sometimes happened that the bikes were assembled by Bianchi so unusual, with slight variations of the sets of components.
In addition there are three generations of Bianchi Ragno and in each of them have changed outfits and paint!

However according to the Pholcus generation could be mounted with shimano or Suntour ... you must say that whites adopted a policy of differential assembly for the Italian market and the foreign one!
so sometimes the Italian Bianchi do not match those foreign!

Re:

I've just registered just to say thank you to the author of this thread, @Callisto LaSorte

It was a jump in the past, I had this identical bike (color scheme, transimission, "horns"..I could almost believe this is the exact same bike) when I was 11 or 12! Sadly it was stolen from my house a few years later, but I loved it with all my heart.
Thank you for the pictures, I saved them all.

Perhaps, would you be interested in selling it to me?

Thank you!

Back